Official PixInsight YouTube Channel / New Video Tutorials

Juan Conejero

PixInsight Staff
Staff member
Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the release of a new video tutorial series on our official YouTube channel: Introduction to PixInsight.

YT-channel-tn.jpg

This series consists of 36 videos and is dedicated to describing the graphical interface of PixInsight and its practical use at beginner to intermediate levels, from the most basic concepts such as workspaces, image windows and views, to more complex topics such as masks, processing histories, projects, and more. Here is the complete list of planned videos:
  1. Workspaces
  2. AutoHide Windows (I)
  3. AutoHide Windows (II)
  4. Image Windows
  6. ScreenTransferFunction (I)
  7. ScreenTransferFunction (II)
  8. ScreenTransferFunction (III)
  9. Masks
  10. Process Windows (I)
  11. Process Windows (II)
  12. Process Windows (III)
  13. Process Windows (IV)
  14. Dynamic Processes
  15. Previews
  16. View Selector Actions
  17. Process Icons (I)
  18. Process Icons (II)
  19. Processing History (I)
  20. Processing History (II)
  21. Processing History (III)
  22. Processing History (IV)
  23. Processing History (V)
  24. Processing History (VI)
  25. Processing History (VII)
  26. PixInsight Projects
  27. Development Community
  28. Development Community – WeightedBatchPreprocessing
  29. Development Community – Image Analysis Scripts
  30. Development Community – Image Inspection Processes
  31. Development Community -- Astrometry Tools
  32. Development Community -- Comet Alignment
  33. Development Community -- Multispectral Imaging Scripts 1
  34. Development Community -- Multispectral Imaging Scripts 2
  35. Development Community -- Intensity Transformations 1
  36. Development Community -- Intensity Transformations 2
This series of video tutorials has been made by the WeDoArt Productions team, made up of Alicia Lozano and Vicent Peris, with scripts by Vicent Peris that largely reproduce the content he teaches in his image processing courses.

On the occasion of this official release, the first five video tutorials of the series are now available covering the following topics: workspaces, AutoHide windows, image windows, and views. We’ll be releasing new videos at a constant rate in the coming weeks until completing the 36 installments that make up this first introductory series.

We hope this material is to your liking and helps you get the most out of PixInsight. Thank you for your attention,

The PixInsight Team at Pleiades Astrophoto

Congratulations on the launch of this channel. I'm a relative beginner to the program and as such have viewed a lot of videos from a variety of creators. Just viewing the Workspaces video I learned a few new things - little things perhaps, but useful. I came away with a two main thoughts. The first being "how bloody brilliant" the designers and programmers behind the user interface, and program as a whole are, and the high production quality of the video. (I had to produce a training video for a technical product for service technicians many years ago and appreciate how hard it is to clearly present the relevant information in a simple, effective manner.)

I look forward to seeing the upcoming videos.

Have watched the first 3 and want to thank you for this great work. Although I've been using PI for about a year, I learned at least one new thing in each video so this will benefit both new users and serve as a refresher for more experienced users as well. Production quality is excellent!

Thank you so much for your nice comments and for your appreciation of this project!

We are investing a lot of resources in the production of these videos. Our intention is to provide useful and rigorous information to our users, so that everyone can get the most out of PixInsight. If you like these first five videos, then stay tuned because you'll love what is coming :)

Good job, not a newbie and picked up a few things I didn't know you could do. ?

Remarks: You may want to adjust the order in the youtube playlist since it started playing the last one uploaded first.
I also see subtitles are not present yet for all videos, I assume this will be added later. (not important for me though)

@KenM - Thank you! I've just sorted the playlist videos from 01 to 05, and have featured it directly on the channel's main page. Thanks for pointing this out.

I'm amazed how many things I learned in these first five videos!
The script and the production quality are great.

Wonderful start to the video series. Lots of details that I’d missed in 3 months using PI.
And such a fantastic choice of sound track. When is the “PI Observatory suite” CD coming out?

Congratulations. Another aspect of PI professionalism.
Cheers, Chris.

Back