Odd upgrade to 1 8 8 7 issue

Elvie

Not sure what I have done wrong. Have upgraded from .6 to .7 and am getting the error below.

This error occurs when double clicking a project icon in the iMac Finder.

I can however successfully launch a saved project in 1 8 8 7 by dropping it on the PixInsight icon in my menu bar.

Project file opens properly by double clicking project icon if I back level to 1 8 8 6.

Any trouble shooting suggestions would be appreciated. Tx.

1611590039239.png

Last edited:
i think what's going on here is you have multiple /Applications/PixInsight folders and the project icon double-click launched an old PI application from something like /Applications/PixInsight_old. although PI used to be a "regular" mac application at some point juan had to switch to kind of a hybrid model. so /Applications/Pixinsight is now a folder and the application lives inside of there.

the application expects to be installed in /Applications/PixInsight. so if you launch -6 from some other folder, it still looks in /Applications/PixInsight for the various modules, and the old PI is confused because the modules in that folder all have newer API versions (the modules in that folder belong to -7).

rob

You are 100% correct - I do have a 1 8 8 6 .old directory. The .6 project file was defaulting to the old executable and causing the confusion as you described.

The problem has been resolved by right clicking the project and forcing the 'open with' to point to the new .7 executable.

After opening once this way all saved projects are opening correctly.

Seems more of a Mac executable pointer / caching issue than a PI problem.

Thank you for your insight Rob - it put us on the right track.

Regards,
Lenard

Back