Odd Diffraction Spikes

Lex

Hi all,

in all of my subs there are doubled diffraction patterns, strangely they are not evenly distributed over the image.
Image was captured with SGP and Autofocus routine was always ok. Collimation was on spot too; at least IMO  ;D

Here is an integration of 10*300s ZWO R filter, ASI1600mm-c, 10" f/5 Newt, Baader MPCC-Miii, PHD2 guiding was good.

http://endor.uv.es/files/?goto=forum-shared-files%2FLex%2FIC1396_Red.tif

Before I begin disassembling again and doing unnecessary stuff I prefer to ask the pros in here!

Very Best & CS,

Lex

The only way to see this image is to download form a service that requires a login. I don't think many people will join to download an image. If you have  away to post with a shared service it would be better.

-Steve

Lex

Have you used the Blink tool to look at the individual subs? My guess is your polar alignment is out if this is happening with all your subs. If it just the red then your filter may have some strange alignment issue or add reflection.

Mike

The problem mainly appears in the middle of the image, even knowing that there is a close formation of two stars.
To the sides the double diffraction pattern is less noticeable, which is kind of strange.
If it is camera tilt, it should be worse on only one side?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help! I will check with Blink. Why do you think it could be PA?

Mike,

after checking Blink, it seems that there was a strange focus drift, some subs are fine, most of them are not.
My only concern is that not the whole images seem to be out of focus; this is why i think the image train is tilted.

Polar Alignment should be fine, i aligned my permanent setup one week ago.

What is driving me crazy is that it is the first fully automated session without problems; an then this....  :mad:

Back