No master light

gary1968

Hi, I have just updated my pixinsight and downloaded the M31 data from Visible Dark.ca. I have paid for the tutorial and have been trying to process the data as per the video. I have been having problems in that pi is not generating a master light after wbpp... I get the following error in the log several times as it is running... any advice welcomed....

Attachments

• 20201229_154802_resize_68.jpg
    20201229_154802_resize_68.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 68
what capture program are you running? it looks like it has written your lat/lon into the FITS header in a bad format.

rob

Shawn Nielsen's VisibleDark is a separate commercial organisation, and you will need to approach them for support on their commercial tutorials.
However, the error report in your screenshot is in parsing the FITS header site location keywords. The SITELONG keyword value displayed is "80d56m0.000s"; my capture software (APT) would store this as "80 56 0.000". I'm not sure what flexibility PI supports, but the VD tutorial clearly doesn't meet the PI assumptions. Unless you are going to look for a very accurate astrometric solution, this should not make any difference.

I have paid for the tutorial
I would contact VisibleDark, pointing out that, since this is advertised as a "PixInsight tutorial", the data file headers should be compatible with PixInsight. Otherwise, I think the best advice is to ignore these errors - they should not affect basic image processing.

I would contact VisibleDark, pointing out that, since this is advertised as a "PixInsight tutorial", the data file headers should be compatible with PixInsight. Otherwise, I think the best advice is to ignore these errors - they should not affect basic image processing.
Thanks, but I cant fo forward with it as PI isn't creating a master light, only master bias, flat and dark.... I'll contact VisibleDark....

check if there are any calibrated lights in the WBPP folder. if not, the error is preventing the files from being read in at all.

i can't remember if this error is fatal, so as fred is saying it may not be the cause of the lack of a master light.

rob

The fact that the log appears to continue to the integration after logging these errors suggests (perhaps) that they are not fatal...

If it is only this small (12 image?) set of frames you could just edit them with FITSHeader process (modify, then don't forget to apply). For each SITELAT and SITELONG keyword value, just replace the "d" and "m" with <space> (or ":", I believe), and remove the trailing "s".

The fact that the log appears to continue to the integration after logging these errors suggests (perhaps) that they are not fatal...

true, which is why i was saying to check for the calibrated files. there may be no correlation (ha ha) between the error and no master light.

Back