NGC281 - The Pacman Nebula

StuartT

Fairly happy with this one. 4h15m integration. WBPP and all processing in PI

Attachments

• NGC281-Hubble-process-final-s.jpg
    NGC281-Hubble-process-final-s.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 156
Try this, start at the very beginning, with all the "raw" images and use Blink to discard any bad images. Because you have enuff data, you can be ruthless. Then ImageCalibration, CosmeticCorrection, SubframeSelector and again be ruthless. Now you will have the best of the best images and continue processing ... It might be a worthwhile project.

Try this, start at the very beginning, with all the "raw" images and use Blink to discard any bad images. Because you have enuff data, you can be ruthless. Then ImageCalibration, CosmeticCorrection, SubframeSelector and again be ruthless. Now you will have the best of the best images and continue processing ... It might be a worthwhile project.
thanks. I've never used SubframeSelector so I'll have to read up about that

I realise this is not really the forum for it but given all the weighting WBPP now applies etc etc do we need to be ruthless with blink and/or subframe selector any longer? I genuinely understood it that the WBPP weighting takes care of that now. I get you can still do it if you wish of course so just interested in your thoughts.

I use the Blink in the beginning, to remove obvious faulty frames mostly due to bad guiding or cloud. If I am combining data from multiple nights then I tend to be a little more ruthless and toss anything under par. The new WBPP weighting works great, but I still reject any frames below a certain level.

Back