NGC 6559 - TelescopeLive data Processing (APOD 7 Oct 2021)

freed

Mar 6, 2017
Congratulations. You processing video was interesting - although there were a number of things I didn't understand !

DrJimSok

May 7, 2021
Great Stuff... I must say you spend a LOT more time w/ blink, cosmetic correction, and linear feature fit / sub than I do... wonder if that might be one of the reasons mine dont' turn out as well as yours... clearly though, putting effort in on the early stages of a "processing chain" can greatly reduce issues later on in the chain... so great stuff... maybe I'll be less lazy from now on...

robyx

PixInsight Staff
Jul 17, 2019
Zurich
Great Stuff... I must say you spend a LOT more time w/ blink, cosmetic correction, and linear feature fit / sub than I do... wonder if that might be one of the reasons mine dont' turn out as well as yours... clearly though, putting effort in on the early stages of a "processing chain" can greatly reduce issues later on in the chain... so great stuff... maybe I'll be less lazy from now on...
Yes, I usually spend a bit of time looking at my data figuring out issues, filtering very bad subs and checking for hot pixels and artefacts as much as possible. In this project, I only had 5 subs to integrate so any single issue on a single frame was affecting the integrated version. In such a critical situation, fixing the master light was particularly important since there were a lot of visible sparse defects.