NGC 1333

Ginge

After shooting the first 10 minute sub back in October 2015, I finally had enough subs this month to try processing NGC 1333. It is an object I've wanted to try since the day I started shooting DSO. But Scandinavia isn't exactly desert environment, so getting enough data proved a battle against clouds, mist, haze, frost, dew, wolves, snow, moonlight and now these last few weeks an invasion of mice! Cute little rascals, but they absolutely LOVE dew straps and the soft kind or rubber insulation around cables for astro equipment. It is funny, but they actually target cables for astro equipment. Anyway, I lost count after killing 20 in four days (I hope to God the Buddhists aren't right).

All in all this is 37hrs and 40 min of 600s exposures with Astrodon Gen 2 LRGB filters. The telescope is an Epsilon 180ed and the trusty old QSI camera diead after taking the last sub on October 17th, may it rest in peace. What a beautiful piece of equipment it was, chugging along in -25C for days and weeks and months. It did the job well and now I'm transitioning to CMOS.

And i absolutely love Adam Block Studios!!

Larger versions, more tech specs and more images here:
Stay healthy!

Clear skies,
Ginge

50518770543_8d2ef90f3d_k.jpg

Ginge,

Very nice image. A five-year labor of love.... I’d say it was worth every minute!

Back