New to PI, where is the integrated image after doing weighted batch processing

gwandless

Hi All,

Just started using PI, and tried doing the weighted batch processing of my images of M101. But I couldn't find the resulting image to continue with post processing. Where is it stored?

Thanks,
Greg

they are inside the directory that you specify in the WBPP interface - there are subfolders containing the various masters.

rob

"master" files is astrophotography jargon for integrated files - "master dark" == integrated dark from dark subs, "master flat" == integrated flat from flat subs, etc.

are you using an OSC or a mono camera? PI won't merge the 3 filter images into an RGB image on its own, if that's what you are looking for. if you had subs from R, G and B filters, you'll find 3 master lights, one per filter.

i should add that "integrated" doesn't mean "RGB combined" - integrated simply means "added", in the mathematical sense.

rob

I am using a Canon DSLR. I see that I have a Grey Master image, how do I merge the R,G, and B to get the RGB master?

ah - you forgot to specify that the images are CFA (color filter array) in the WBPP interface. DSLRs are OSC cameras (one-shot color) and as such they have a CFA over the sensor. they need to be Debayered after calibration. WBPP handles that automatically if the CFA box is checked.

you’ll have to re-run WBPP after ticking that box. After that you’ll automatically have a 3 channel master light.

rob

Back