New security system

Mike1485

Hi Juan. I have been folllowing your various posts on the new security system for PixInsight. Just to confirm, I am fully supportive of these. However, it seems you are planning to introduce the infrastructure to support, for example, the application for CPD status at the same time as the checks. Would it not be sensible to allow a short initial time elapse between these, to avoid users getting worrying messages when they check developer repositories, for example?

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much! We are just starting to contact developers to engage them in the new security system before the official 1.8.9-1 release, so hopefully there will be no major issues.

By the way, the document describing the new security system is now complete:

You may have to refresh your browser. Please let me know if you find any errors or aspects requiring further clarification.

Thanks for this reply and link Juan. I would like to get the GeneralisedHyperbolicStretch script signed appropriately ahead of the change so I would be grateful if you could let me know relevant details when you are ready. All the best, Mike.

Back