New release seems to have broken PI

gatehealing

2019 Macbook pro.

I deleted the last install of PI, installed the new. While I can run some tools, when I attempt to use Photometric Color Calibration on a Master Light file (m51) (which has worked fine until now), my machine gets stuck and the app shows as Not Responding. I have to force quit or it will sit there for 10 minutes or more.

I am fairly new at this, but have successfully updated PI before. Am I missing something? Can I delete this install and just drag my last version out of the trash bin and go back to that until I get this figured out?

Thanks y'all,
Jon

Update: I did put the new install into a different folder in my apps folder and brought back the old version and things are working fine. So I just need to figure out if I am missing something or if this version is just buggy still.

in another thread juan said that an update to PCC is coming, there is a bug. this should come thru the pixinsight update system, so use "check for updates" to find it.

the update to PCC is out... so you can try updating.
It auto-updated, and I checked for updates. When I closed it, it was installed successfully. PCC still does not work . . . it's not getting stuck, but it takes forever, then fails. See screenshots of the processing module. One is of a stretched image, the other of a Master Light (auto stretched). Both images are PCC'd in the older version just fine though. . . and quickly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 12.40.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 12.40.14 PM.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 12.40.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 12.40.42 PM.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 54
Are you sure you are running PixInsight with the updated module? Please check the following:

- From the main menu, select Process > Modules > Manage Modules
- Select the ColorCalibration module
- Version should be 1.5.2

Are you sure you are running PixInsight with the updated module? Please check the following:

That's odd. It still says 1.5.1. What did I miss doing?

Doing the update clearly didn't bring in that 1.5.2 version of the pcc module, but I cannot find how to do that.

Hey Juan,
Hoping you or another staffer can give me some insight here on how to get 1.5.2 for PCC. I cannot seem to find a way to do that. I have updated, but it stayed at 1.5.1.

Hi Jon,

Uninstall PixInsight (by removing the /Applications/PixInsight folder), then install the 1.8.9-1 package again, run it, and install all available updates. After this, the version information for the ColorCalibration module should be:

Code:
Module Id ............ ColorCalibration
Version .............. 1.5.2
Language ............. eng: English
Development status ... <* unspecified *> (release)
Release date ......... 2022/5/20
Company .............. Pleiades Astrophoto
Author ............... Juan Conejero, PTeam / Vicent Peris, PTeam
Copyright ............ Copyright (c) 2006-2022 Pleiades Astrophoto
Trade marks .......... PixInsight
Original file name ... ColorCalibration-pxm.dylib
API version .......... 0x175
Module Description:
PixInsight Standard ColorCalibration Process Module

Let me know if it works.

Hi Jon,

Uninstall PixInsight (by removing the /Applications/PixInsight folder), then install the 1.8.9-1 package again, run it, and install all available updates. After this, the version information for the ColorCalibration module should be:

Code:
Module Id ............ ColorCalibration
Version .............. 1.5.2
Language ............. eng: English
Development status ... <* unspecified *> (release)
Release date ......... 2022/5/20
Company .............. Pleiades Astrophoto
Author ............... Juan Conejero, PTeam / Vicent Peris, PTeam
Copyright ............ Copyright (c) 2006-2022 Pleiades Astrophoto
Trade marks .......... PixInsight
Original file name ... ColorCalibration-pxm.dylib
API version .......... 0x175
Module Description:
PixInsight Standard ColorCalibration Process Module

Let me know if it works.
Hi Juan, thank you for the details. . . unfortunately, I did this again. I am attaching a single screenshot of the pop-ups that seem to be problematic. I think I arranged them in order from top left to top right, then 2nd row left to right, etc. I clicked Yes for Download anyway for the 2 "....repository has to valid signature" boxes. Note: the Select and Download boxes have the individual ! lines highlighted to show the notes at the bottom of the box. The PCC version is still 1.5.1.

I have no clue how to fix that, but it is the same thing that happened before. I am using a 2019 MacBook pro that is fully updated to OS 12.4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 10.27.01 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 10.27.01 AM.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 45
For some odd reason you are trying to use the repositories for version 1.8.8-10. This cannot happen under normal conditions. Do the following:
  • From the main menu, select Resources > Updates > Manage Repositories.
  • On the Manage Update Repositories dialog, click the Default button.
  • If necessary, add other required repositories manually, by clicking the Add button.
  • Click OK.
Each of the standard repositories should end with '/1.8.9-1/'. I hope this helps.

For some odd reason you are trying to use the repositories for version 1.8.8-10. This cannot happen under normal conditions. Do the following:
  • If necessary, add other required repositories manually, by clicking the Add button.
  • Click OK.
Each of the standard repositories should end with '/1.8.9-1/'. I hope this helps.
There are 4 that now show, but it did not fix the issue. I do not know what to enter in the Add box that pops up. I did close PI after hitting OK. It then installed 3 more updates that used to be !'s successfully, but the PCC version is still 1.5.1.

I apologize for not knowing more technical info about the backend of this program, but i am pretty new to it and am still learning it.

What do I need to enter when I select the Add button? Are there others that need to be added besides the Color Calibration (see attached pic for what is there already once I select Default and OK.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 11.19.50 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 11.19.50 AM.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Click OK.
UPDATE to my last reply:
I went in to Manage Repositories, selected Reload, then Default, then OK then closed PI. When it started again, it installed something else and NOW the version is 1.5.2. I have no idea what step did that. I took a wild guess that I should close/reopen after the first pass of setting repository to Default. I took another wild guess at hitting reload, default and ok again, and yet another wild guess at restarting PI. Glad it worked.

If others are having this issue, try those steps as well. I have no idea why those work, or what it was that made it work. The 2nd restart by itself?

Hey guys the reason I am here on a fine Thursday afternoon in California is that my install of the .1 version has failed and I have had to remove it entirely to see if it will install correctly. Problems I saw was it crashed in the new WBP module with a big set of images and after the crash no longer could see WBP on the menu.

I have just removed the .1 version and am trying a re-install. WBP did reappear but I am a bit anxious. I'll try to rerun the big dataset again. But I am going to run it on a secondary computer not my main one. Both computers had the crash on the same data. i had the same symptoms on the second computer and the menu has come back after the reinstall on that computer.

I will rerun the data. I am not going to run the LN option as that takes forever and as I posted in reference to that script that I need help with settings as I have way fewer stars identified with it that the standard procedure.

Back