New RAW format .CR3 not compatible with PixInsight

-Amenophis-

Hello,

do you plan to make the software compatible with CAnon's new RAW format?
Indeed, the .CR3 format is not supported.

Thank you in advance for your return.

The Canon CR3 format is fully supported in current versions of PixInsight. Please upgrade your installations to the latest 1.8.8-4 version.

Please follow the forum rules:

PixInsight Forum is an international user community. The only official language of this forum is English and all posts should be done in that language.

Hi,

Please open the Format Explorer, click on RAW and double-click on implementation. A window will open that (among other things) shows the currently used LibRaw version used by PixInsight. In the current PixInsight version 1.8.8-8, this should read:

"This implementation of digital camera raw format decoding uses LibRaw 0.21.0 (202101 Snapshot)."

I have verified that PixInsight 1.8.8-8 is able to open and process CR3 files coming from a Canon EOS Ra camera using a sample file from https://www.nebulaphotos.com/reviews/canon-eos-ra/#raw , provided by Nico Carver.

Accordingly you should be able to open CR3 files -- please test it and report.

Bernd

In my version of Pixinsight it says this:

This implementation of digital camera raw format decoding uses LibRaw version 0.19.5.

My version of Pixinsight is 1.8.8-8

In this case would consider a "Repair" via the PixInsight installer. If that doesn't help, de-installate PixInsight and then perform a fresh installation.

Bernd

Back