New Image, PuWe 1, and related contents

vicent_peris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I have a Christmas present for you. During this year I've been working on a new image acquired with a 20" Planewave from the Observatorio de Aras de los Olmos. The object is PuWe 1, a very faint planetary nebula:

PuWe1_0800.jpg

It has 5 days of exposure time, of which 80 hours are narrowband with H-alpha and O-III filters. The image contains also broadband exposures with Johnson BVR filters and Sloan z' for the far infrared galaxies. You can take a closer look in our gallery.

Additionally, we are releasing content that I've developed with this image:

- You are going to receive a PixInsight update with two scripts I wrote to correct defective columns or rows in your images. One script, LinearDefectDetection, detects the defective lines; the other script, LinearPatternSubtraction, subtracts those defective lines from the image.

- A new software tutorial about using LinearDefectDetection and LinearPatternSubtraction: Correcting defective lines in PixInsight.

- A new processing example about this image: PuWe 1 processing notes.

I hope you'll enjoy all this new material.
Best regards,
Vicent.

Merry Christmas Vicent! And what a wonderful present indeed. You can't appreciate this image until you see the largest version and note all the galaxies this image contains. Stunning image with so much detail. Looking forward to spending time with the files and scripts.

-Steve

Hi Vicent
Many thanks for this nice Christmas gift. I think with the new script we can fight against the bad columns with great success.
The next days I will try it with images of T32 with a great amount of this lines.
All the best for the coming year ***
Ed

Hi Vicent!
Are these 2 scripts already downloadable?
When i run the update i still have afterwards the "old" UI.
Do i need to erase the old versions or are the new scripts not available so far?

Thanks for this excellent sripts, they are the solution for the column troubles with the
iTelescope cameras.

Gerald

Where did you find the scripts to download?  Nothing shows up when I check for updates.

John

Thank you very much Vincent for your work and glad to see you are back  :smiley:
These column defect scripts are very useful (working like a charm) but I apply half of the process as I load the generated TXT file in the CosmeticCorrection process to have faster computing. It is also working fine.
Anyway, big thank to you to share this.
Cheers
philippe

Philippe B. said:
Thank you very much Vincent for your work and glad to see you are back  :smiley:
These column defect scripts are very useful (working like a charm) but I apply half of the process as I load the generated TXT file in the CosmeticCorrection process to have faster computing. It is also working fine.
Cheers
philippe
See the third post here https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=13954.msg84033#msg84033 for reasons why it is better not to use cosmetic correction

Bravo, Vicent! The scripts work very well, even at defaults! I had a brief opportunity to try it on data like yours that was even more profoundly impacted by vertical defects, with an excellent result. Thanks for these gifts, and happy new year!

Geoff said:
Philippe B. said:
Cheers
philippe
See the third post here https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=13954.msg84033#msg84033 for reasons why it is better not to use cosmetic correction

yes, I saw that after.
I am testing Vincent 2nd script
We also have another script (AIP DoubleDeadLine scrip)

Back