New book "Mastering PixInsight" by RBA

got mine today but it didn't have to come too far. haven't opened it yet though as it is in quarantine :)

What a terrific resource reference book. Well worth the wait. With all the work you put into this project have you been able to image any for yourself?

What a terrific resource reference book. Well worth the wait. With all the work you put into this project have you been able to image any for yourself?

Thanks! And nope, no imaging at all... Nada. Well, I took the scopes to image the NEOWISE comet once this past summer.... that's about all the deep-sky I've done for about 1+ year ? Now, with all pre-orders finally shipped out, I expect getting busy with the scopes soon!

wow, this book is really nicely made! looks great and full of good info.

Thank you!! That's the privilege of self-publishing. You get to make a book the way you want it, even if that costs more, so there's a bit of art in the book design itself. My original idea of the book was a lot simpler, just one book, done. Then came dividing it into two, and on the book design first we added a flashy semi-hard cover (instead of just paper), dark and glittery flyleaves (I've used them before), a slip cover for both books, and so on... Also all pages being full color (as opposed to just a few) brought up the costs significantly, but I didn't want to give that up. Also, decent binding that should handle heavy users!! And a few other things. Yet, the price was set from the beginning and I wasn't about to change it, obviously, but I don't know if I'll be able to keep it at $55 for long, honestly!

Not that you asked about any of this ?

RBA,

Got my books today! Thank You! Excellent quality and well worth the wait. Thanks for putting together a great set of reference books!

Great book. It helped me a lot, but I wonder if Rogelio is planning to publish updates as Pixinsight grows and updates.
Gran libro. Me ha ayudado un montón pero me pregunto si Rogelio planea publicar actualizaciones según Pixinsight crece y se actualiza.

Obviously I cannot speak for the man but I do know he had some personal tragedy this year so i suspect updates are not his highest priority. It may also be the case that trying to do the fast moving PI justice in print is becoming too hard and, as Warren Keller is doing, may choose to focus on alternative delivery methods.
All just my thoughts, no fact at all, other than the WK comment.

Obviously I cannot speak for the man but I do know he had some personal tragedy this year so i suspect updates are not his highest priority. It may also be the case that trying to do the fast moving PI justice in print is becoming too hard and, as Warren Keller is doing, may choose to focus on alternative delivery methods.
All just my thoughts, no fact at all, other than the WK comment.
Oh! My best wishes for him (y)

Great book. It helped me a lot, but I wonder if Rogelio is planning to publish updates as Pixinsight grows and updates.
Gran libro. Me ha ayudado un montón pero me pregunto si Rogelio planea publicar actualizaciones según Pixinsight crece y se actualiza.

Thanks! My original plan was to do an update before the end of the year, but as Scotty said, we had a tragedy in the family. My wife and soulmate for 32 years passed away unexpectedly, from living her normal life a regular Thursday, to gone in 2 hours... That put many things to a halt, including the book. I do plan to update the digital version within the next few months. There won't be a new printed edition for at least 1-2 years. And by the way, I only have about 60 copies left of the first edition and I won't be printing more. I should probably make a small announcement quickly, as I know they will sell fast.

Thank you,
Rogelio

Last edited:
Appreciate the response Rogelio under extremely difficult circumstances, take care from an appreciative owner of your work!

i am so sorry to hear this Rogelio, that is a terrible shock - my condolences to you and your family.

Rogelio - So sorry for your loss. I lost my wife, friend and lover of 50 years three years ago. All I can say is that, in time, it will get better. I know that doesn't help now, but, it will get better. Just one day at a time!

Steve King

Te acompaño en el sentimiento.
No pierdas la fe y ten fuerzas para soportar tan terrible perdida.
Un fortísimo abrazo desde España, Rogelio.

I just wanted to add that this book has been very helpful for me in getting over the learning curve. I appreciate it a great deal. And like everyone else, I express my condolences during this difficult time.

Hi Rogelio

What's the latest on the book? I'd like to buy a copy and wondered if a new edition is available?

Thanks

Back