New book "Mastering PixInsight" by RBA

Thank you Larry! But it's totally fine. Books aren't a big money maker, there's a lot more love into them than anything else (anyone who's published a book can confirm this), and from making little to making a little less, is not that big of a difference. The numbers are in and I can live with them :). What really kills me is international shipping. It's too expensive and many people who would like to get the printed copy just can't, yet that's out of our hands.
Thanks again!
RBA

Hello, just checking in on the actual book status. I have received my digital copies, but not the hard copy. How are things going? Thanks.

Roger

Hello all,

I ordered a digital copy of "Mastering Pixinsight" one week ago and did not receive any link yet, is it normal ?

Robert.

Edit: Nevermind, just received the link ! (coincidence :unsure: ?)

Last edited:
No, one week wait is not normal.

Edit: Nevermind, just received the link ! (coincidence :unsure: ?)

I can assure you that I pay more attention to incoming orders than to comments on web forums :) It's true, however, that orders between August 13 and 15 (like yours) did not go out on time, as I was out of town and with only spotty cell phone access for a few days. You received your notification the very same evening I was back home, just a couple of hours after I had arrived (the California fires brought me home one day earlier, actually).

Hope you're enjoying the book!

No, one week wait is not normal.

I can assure you that I pay more attention to incoming orders than to comments on web forums :) It's true, however, that orders between August 13 and 15 (like yours) did not go out on time, as I was out of town and with only spotty cell phone access for a few days. You received your notification the very same evening I was back home, just a couple of hours after I had arrived (the California fires brought me home one day earlier, actually).

Hope you're enjoying the book!

No poblem Rogelio,
In fact, I was so eager to read your book that one week seemed too long !
And yes, I enjoy your book very much, its easy to read and follow (even for a French guy like me) and so far (I'm just p61), already full of valuable information.

My copy arrived today.

Attachments

• PI_1.JPG
    PI_1.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 125
  • PI_3.JPG
    PI_3.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 137
Has anyone ordered just the PDF recently? How long should that take, to deliver an ebook. They are finished right, it's no longer pre-release? I ordered mine Tuesday evening.

Has anyone ordered just the PDF recently? How long should that take, to deliver an ebook. They are finished right, it's no longer pre-release? I ordered mine Tuesday evening.

Well, timing is everything -- or he reads this forum :geek:

Mine came last night. In spite of seeing people getting the actual books, the email also said that everything is still pre-release:

IMPORTANT: The copy you're downloading is a pre-release. Everything in this pre-release is solid, and NONE of this will change the information you're receiving now, so you won't have to re-read the book when the final release is out. You will be notified when the final release is out in about a week or so.

Most paperback copies will start shipping mid/late-September all the way to October. At this moment we're not expecting the current pandemic situation would affect our schedule beyond that, but we need to be aware that shipping may not go as fast as usual. We'll send you an update if anything changes.

Hey Everyone.

Ordered both the digital version and hard copy too last week Thursday. Still haven’t seen an email for the digital version download nor an order confirmation other than from PayPay. Can hardly wait to dive in!

Ordered both the digital version and hard copy too last week Thursday. Still haven’t seen an email for the digital version download nor an order confirmation other than from PayPay. Can hardly wait to dive in!

Hi Joe,

All digital orders (except those done in the last 24 hours) have been taken care of, so if you (or anyone else) haven't seen your notification email with the links to download the books, please contact me in private - the notification likely ended up on your spam folder or it was directly blocked as "spam" (yes, I've seen that happening, especially with email addresses from AT&T, T-Online and a couple of others).

Also, please note that the bulk of books is on its way to us as we speak. About 200 people have received the book early, as we managed to ship those directly from the lab (Covid country restrictions limited this to about 5-6 countries), but the delivery for most pre-orders will start within a couple of weeks when we receive the pallets with all the books.

Thank you!

Rogelio,

Thank you for the quick response. I’ve downloaded the two ebooks and am enjoying them!

Thank You!

Thank you for the quick response. I’ve downloaded the two ebooks and am enjoying them!
I think enjoy is too strong of a word. It's like work; my brain is tired. And I'm only on page 116.

But I'm learning a lot!

Hi Joe,

There's orders from several Joe/Joseph R., not sure which one is you :cool: .. but here's an update:

All books arrived last week. Since then, I've been packing and shipping books at about 80~100 per day (I really can't do more) and over 800 copies have been shipped already. The moment each book is ready to go, by the end of that day the recipient gets a notification with the tracking number. I expect to be done with all pre-orders mid/late next week, so you (and everyone who's ordered it) should receive that email before that.

Thanks!
RBA

Yes, I've spent the last 2.5 weeks down in the garage packing books like no tomorrow, with most pre-orders already delivered or on their way (over 1,400 books packed!!). Glad to see they're arriving okay!

At this moment there's only 127 books left to be shipped out in order for me to catch up. When those are shipped out (hopefully by Saturday) then new orders will go out fast, finally! Thank you everyone for your patience!! As you can (hopefully) see, I didn't cut corners when it came to the quality of the actual books!

Cheers,
RBA

Back