New book "Mastering PixInsight" by RBA

Looking at the PDF this morning.  Can't wait for the book to arrive so I can learn how to use PI better/properly!  The reference looks great!

RBA said:
Geoff said:
Great news Rogelio. I have ordered a copy. Just as a matter of interest, how many pages will the book run to?

Thank you Geoff! It's going to be a few hundred pages.
It?s looking to be a very comprehensive book if the remainder of the book is covered in as much detail as the 252 page process reference guide. Looking forward to the finished product

This reference guide is well written, thanks RBA.  This is much appreciated, looking forward to the finished product...awesome !!!

Hi Rogelio,

I only found out about your book today - I'm not actively imaging and very rarely visit the forums, but I am planning to start imaging regularly in 2020, hence the interest in your book. 

I've placed an order just now (about Ten minutes ago) - no Email from Paypal or your website confirming order as of yet.  I'm not sure if I've successfully pre-ordered, given that my purchase is prior to the 6th January 2020.  I'm about to head off to bed (I'm in Australia, so it's late here), but will check my Emails in the morning. 

I guess, am I too late for the pre-order, of have I snuck in in time?  Will I be able to access the digital PDF reference guide like others have who placed their order(s) obviously before I did...

I'm very new to PixInsight, and seeking all the written help I can get and go through at my own pace in the coming months. 

Many thanks for writing this book!

Cheers,

Dave from downunder

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your order! You may have misunderstood the preorder process. You can preorder between now and the date the book is launched, there's no deadline for that. Now, if you preorder, as an "advance" you will receive a pre-release digital copy of the Process Reference Guide, yes, but that's a process that I need to execute manually as orders come (each digital book is personalized, with your name in it), and that's why you haven't received your copy of the Process Reference Guide yet. On average, people should expect getting their copy in 24 to 48 hours.
I hope this helps! Thanks!!!
RBA

Hi Rogelio,

All good.  Still no Email.  Have you checked that your webserver's SMTP server isn't listed on a RBL etc?  That some people get the pre-purchase Emails and others don't means it's working, but there's an intermittent issue (usually RBL from my extensive experience). 

Enjoy Christmas, I'm in no rush.  I just wanted to make sure that I'd snuck in with the pre-purchase for the extra goodies. 

Cheers,

Dave

Dave,

I appreciate the concern, although if I said that on average people should expect getting their copy in 24 to 48 hours, please wait up to 48 hours before wondering if something went wrong. It's also probably more suitable to write to me privately. Although I am happy to answer any questions here, remember, this is not a support forum for my book, so questions about shipping, notifications, order status, etc. are probably better addressed by writing to me directly.

Never mind when I replied to you earlier I was about to catch a 12 hours flight, followed by a 2 hours flight, followed by a 4 hours drive, followed by Xmas eve dinner with the family, followed by a LONG SLEEP!! You kind of wrote at a bad moment, too  :smiley:

In any case, you should have received your email by now. Now, if you didn't get that email, let me know via email. (since you mentioned it, I did check the SMTP log and the email went through BTW)

Happy Holidays!
RBA

Hi Rogelio,

I completely forgot about this (old age lol!).  I wasn't referring to the reference guide - earlier on in the thread, some people were saying that they didn't get confirmation Emails etc.  That's what I was referring to :) 

Holidays were good, but not long enough at this end. 

I'll reply to your Email shortly.

Cheers,

Dave

Good Day....

Is the publication still planned for March 2020?

Content looks very interesting - hoping that for a PIN (PixInsight Novice) Head - this will flatten the learning curve and provide some immediate satisfaction in my journey.

Without the Light Vortex and Warren Keller book, I'd be treading water or thrown in the towel.

Love the results that I've gotten after only following these step-by-step cookbooks - now need to build a deeper understanding to self-diagnosis and remediation of my subs.

Jim

Hi Rogelio,

I ordered 2 of your books on March 6, 2020 (just a few weeks ago.....one for myself and one for a colleague that I teach with). I am looking forward to seeing it.

A quick question for you....is there a PDF of your book that becomes available after the purchase is made ?

Many thanks !

Robert

The promise is for the PDF version to be sent before the end of March. It’s going to be a tight finish!

Yes I agree with above statement. I am sure that most of us would have appreciated an update before now if there was going to be yet another delay.

Hello.
I have a doubt, as of today I haven't received the email with the download link of the finished book but I don't know if it's a specific problem with me or if there are more people who ordered it by pdf and who are in the same situation as me...
Thanks in advance...

It is interesting to note that if you go to the RBA website, the part about the book electronically delivered by the end of March has disappeared.

Back