Multiple "user" catalogues for annotating images?

ihowarth

I've been creating several "user" catalogues (of HII regions; Henize, Sharpless, RCW...) for use with the image-annotation script. However, i don't see a way to load more than one such catalogue in the script. Am i missing something 'obvious'?

[Sure, i could amalgamate all the catalogues into one, but not very elegant...]

And is there a way to load user catalogues semi-permanently (in a manner analogous to getting third-party scripts set up), rather than having to invoke at each runtime?

Thanks
ian

You simply add another CustomCatalog with the green Plus sign into the available catalogues. Select now both CustomCatalogues
in the Annotate script. Add the wanted catalogue now into the Catalog path: and you are done. For more CustomCatalogues - same procedure etc etc...
Gerald

Note that although they will all appear as "Custom Catalog" in the catalog list, the individual catalog path/name is displayed as "Catalog path:" when any custom catalog is selected.

Thanks, Fred. One more thought: any way to embed comments into the catalog file (comments that would be ignored by the script)?

I think that if you follow the last field on a custom catalog line with a <tab> followed by any text, the text will be ignored as a comment.

Back