Mouse cursor is a black square - cannot do a "dynamic crop" with a black square. How do i get my mouse back?

IMG_1091 (1).jpg

FYI, I have a fully-paid up so-called "commercial license" which is really a single-user license, but apparently they call it a "commercial license" wherever this company is based.

This is a machine-specific issue that cannot be reproduced under normal working conditions. It has not been reported by other users either.

Some information on the machine where this is happening could be useful to help you. However, this type of problems usually are caused by wrong or outdated graphics drivers on Windows. At any rate, this is an abnormal situation that cannot be reproduced and is being caused by a problem specfic to your machine.

FYI, I have a fully-paid up so-called "commercial license" which is really a single-user license, but apparently they call it a "commercial license" wherever this company is based.

Glad to know that you have a valid license. Wherever this company is based we decided to sell commercial licenses long time ago. And we do sell them, certainly :)

This is a machine-specific issue that cannot be reproduced under normal working conditions. It has not been reported by other users either.

Some information on the machine where this is happening could be useful to help you. However, this type of problems usually are caused by wrong or outdated graphics drivers on Windows. At any rate, this is an abnormal situation that cannot be reproduced and is being caused by a problem specfic to your machine.
The problem of the black square is encountered only when I access my Astro PC from a different laptop such as a laptop I keep separate for my business. If I am travelling for my business, I like to occasionally access my astro PC and do some work remotely. If I am home, and I work directly from the astro PC, I do not get the black square.

Glad to know that you have a valid license. Wherever this company is based we decided to sell commercial licenses long time ago. And we do sell them, certainly :)

As an intellectual property lawyer, I will tell you that a "commercial license" can be interpreted to mean a license for a commercial entity, such as a business enterprise. I have read your license terms, and what you intend to sell is more commonly called a "single user license." You can call it whatever you like, a rose by any other name is still a rose. However, at some point you may want to use universally accepted terminology. Analogy: most scientific communities (except NASA) measure in kilometers instead of miles... This is the standard for the scientific community. Similarly, in the software licensing community, one sells single use licenses to individuals and enterprise licenses or commercial licenses to businesses.

The problem of the black square is encountered only when I access my Astro PC from a different laptop such as a laptop I keep separate for my business. If I am travelling for my business, I like to occasionally access my astro PC and do some work remotely. If I am home, and I work directly from the astro PC, I do not get the black square.

mouse cursors are kind of a special thing in the graphics card pipeline, and it is possible that the way Qt interacts with the graphics card and your particular remote access software is buggy. i think maybe your problem could be resolved by trying a different remote access program... which one are you using?

rob

mouse cursors are kind of a special thing in the graphics card pipeline, and it is possible that the way Qt interacts with the graphics card and your particular remote access software is buggy. i think maybe your problem could be resolved by trying a different remote access program... which one are you using?

rob
I am using google remote desktop.

ok i have only used VNC and microsoft RD but not recently with PI. anyway just a suggestion to see if the problem goes away with different software.

Back