Metadata error message - channel combination

dpaul

Jul 12, 2017
Hi,
I'm using a mono CMOS camera with L, R, G and B filters. Recently when forming an RGB image using Channel Combination, I'm getting this error message:
** Warning: Inconsistent Instrument:Filter:Name (FILTER keyword) value(s) - metadata not generated.
The process is working and colours are all fine so there doesn't appear to be any actual problem - why am I seeing this?
I've been doing this for 2 years and never saw this error until this week.
Thanks
David

pfile

PTeam Member
Nov 23, 2009
it must be new - i hadn't noticed this. but all it's saying is that there are 3 input images and 1 output image; the 3 input images have different values in the FILTER keyword which can't be merged into a single keyword for the RGB image. of course that doesn't make sense anyway. given the object oriented code in PI this might just be a side effect of code that tries to merge keywords even though it doesn't strictly make sense here.

rob

dpaul

Jul 12, 2017
Thanks Rob,
It would useful to know why its started happening. Just for interest, I just tried it on something I did two years ago and the very same message came up.

FYI - I'm currently using version of 1.8.8-5 of PI but I believe there is a new one out, correct? I only recently changed from an earlier one and then it now says 'change again'.

pfile

PTeam Member
Nov 23, 2009
yes there is a new core out, 1.8.8-6. there's an announcement thread in the forum. i guess i assumed you were already on that version and that might have accounted for the change.