"Magic Mouse" disable scrolling option for mac users?

WillB

Would it be possible in later releases of PixInsight for Mac OS X to add a preferences option to disable/enable mouse scrolling for Mac users?

I find the Apple "Magic Mouse" too sensitive and often find I have changed PixInsight process module settings without intention as the Magic Mouse senses movement above the mouse rather than having a physical mouse wheel to turn.

Recently, as a work around, I have resorted to disabling the "Magic mouse" in Bluetooth and connecting a temporary fixed USB mouse while working in PI but it would be much more convenient if I could disable scrolling just within PI and not need to change mice when working in different applications.

Sadly Apple do not currently provide any active/not active or sensitivity adjustment scroll options within OS X when using the Apple Bluetooth "Magic Mouse"

William.

Hi Williams, welcome to the forum!.
I was casually processing on Mac a couple of day ago and felt the same, a little less of control with Magic Mouse. I thought it was me due to lack of practice.
After a couple of hour of processing the finger gets tired and Magic Mouse senses movement very easily...
Anyway, the scrolling is also very useful, I think you would lose another important utilities of the scrolling. Only a thought.
Saludos,
Alejandro.

I would like to add a request for this disable feature on Win. I find Magic Mouse scrolling/zooming too sensitive for PI in Win. Basically, the sensitivity makes the mouse nearly impossible for me to use. For the past few years as a workaround I installed AutoHotKey with a custom script that discards all mouse wheel events. It completely solves the problem, but of course the workaround applies system wide rather than to just PI, which is annoying. A PI only solution would be nice to have!

Thanks,
Mike

Code:
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 1000
WheelDown::
return
WheelUp::
return
WheelLeft::
return
WheelRight::
return
Control & WheelDown::
return
Control & WheelUp::
return
Control & WheelLeft::
return
Control & WheelRight::
return

I have exactly the same problem. Especially using CurvesTransition, any lateral Magic Mouse movement escalates the the magification and the same with size of the preview etc. Driving me nuts. Small lateral movements big changes.

I support all the foregoing comments. Drives me crazy.

The same thing happened to me, PI is almost unusable with the Magic Mouse. I ended up replacing the mouse with the Logitech MX Master 3, probably the best mouse on the market.

That said, I just saw this post by Juan Conejero about disabling some touch features in PI. Since the Magic Mouse acts as a sort of trackpad, it might be worth a try (personally I haven't, I'm happy with the Logitech mouse).

Back