Light Frames Integration Warning

bmimiaga

I'm new to PixInsight and really enjoying its many features and capabilities. I have just started using the BATCHPROCESSING script and after adding all my darks, flats, bias and lights and running the script I got a Light Frames Integration Warning message suggesting the Image Integration tool would be more effective.

How do I use this with my calibration files? Is there a video for this?

Also, if I have multiple sets of images with different temperatures and ISOs how to I merge them together?

Thanks, Bob

Bob,

BPP does an integration with default parameters that probably won't get the best out of your data.  BPP will do a perfectly good job of the calibration and registration, but it is best to integrate the registered files produced by BPP manually.  You'll want to pick a rejection algorithm that suits the number of subs that you have (hovering the cursor over the rejection algorithm selector will give you some hints) and adjust the high and low rejection limits so that you reject as little as possible while still getting rid of any stuff you don't want.  This will give you the best SNR that you can get from your hard earned data.

If you have multiple sets of subs with different calibration files then I'd run BPP separately for each one (use the same registration reference image for all runs) and then integrated the data from all the runs at the end.

Cheers,
Rick.

Back