License Activation

Generator

I am just wondering if anyone is still monitoring the main Pleiades web site. I have been trying to instal a copy of PixInsight on a new laptop for about a month now and can't get it working. I have copied over the license files and it still doesn't work. I have requested new activation codes something like ten times so far and they never arrive. I have sent several support request message via the web form, no response. Today I tried again, no license activation files received, so I have sent another message. I am beginning to wonder if I don't really exist and all of this is in my imagination. Can someone please confirm that I am real.

We have answered all of your support requests. Your license was associated with the identity of a different person (which I can't disclose here for obvious privacy reasons) because you purchased your license with the PayPal account of that person. Then you (the other person, actually) asked us to transfer the license to your identity. We performed the transfer and of course we answered you. Your license is correctly assigned to your identity and associated with your email address (the same you are using on this forum) on our server. I have just checked it and it is perfectly valid. Actually, it has been activated several times.

Please make sure that you can receive notification email messages sent from our corporate email server (@pixinsight.com). Check your spam/junk email folders. Make sure that your email provider is not blocking us, or some of our email notifications selectively (license activation codes, being apparently random character sequences, are often interpreted as threats by low-quality spam protection systems). You are a licensed user, and all of the problems you are describing are being caused by email reception issues at your end.

I strongly suggest you to associate your license with a different email account. Please don't use a Microsoft email service (hotmail, outlook, msn, etc), or you won't be able to manage your license. As two well-known examples, free Gmail and Yahoo email accounts work perfectly with our licensing system.

I have to disagree with you. I have never received a response from you on any of the email accounts. Also, I have admin rights over the mail server and I have disabled spam so that the activation emails would get through. No success. Why do I successfully receive emails requesting confirmation, but I don’t receive the next email providing the codes. It doesn’t make sense. Just blaming me does not resolve the issue. Your own messages say that I should contact you if I have problems. That is what I have done and all you have said is that it is all my own fault. Can’t you just be nice and send me the codes!

Why do I successfully receive emails requesting confirmation, but I don’t receive the next email providing the codes. It doesn’t make sense.

Because something at your end, either your server, or your email client application, a proxy server, a virus protection or firewall application, etc, is blocking them or filtering them out. Our licensing system works correctly and sends valid license activation codes, or we'd be getting thousands of complaints, which is not happening. Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains...

We cannot send license activation codes directly. They form part of our secure licensing system and must be generated automatically by our server.

Of course I am not blaming you in any way. I am sorry for these issues, but trust me, all of them are just email issues. If you have a free Gmail or Yahoo account, for example, we'll be glad to associate your license with it on our system, and then you should have no problems. Just to try out something new.

Back