Lecture and PixInsight workshop at CEDIC 2011 by Vicent Peris

vicent_peris

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all,

this is to announce that I will be giving a two hour PixInsight workshop at CEDIC 2011. I will give also a lecture about my professional work at the Astronomical Observatory of the University of Valencia and at Calar Alto Observatory. CEDIC is the first international astro-imaging conference in Europe, and will take place on March 18th and 20th. Information about CEDIC can be found here:

http://cedic.at/

Workshop program will include:

- PixInsight working philosophy and user inteface introduction.
- Image processing with PixInsight:
    - High dynamic range image composition with the HDRComposition tool.
    - Non-linear transformations of the image (histograms, curves...).
    - Dynamic range compression with the HDRWaveletTransform tool.
    - Color calibration.

More information and updates will be posted here and at CEDIC website. Stay tuned.

Best regards,
Vicent.

I had the pleasure of meeting Vicent at NEAIC this past week. I attended both his talk at NEAIC and his 3 hour workshop and, although I've been using PI software for a while now, was thoroughly pleased with his presentations. I learned a good deal and also had the chance to see version 1.7 in action. I can wholeheartedly recommend that any chance to see Vicent at any PI workshop will be an excellent experience. Thanks Vicent, I appreciate the time and effort you put into this for us.

I also got to meet (and have sushi with!) Vicent at NEAIC, and it was great. I saw a lot of people who were Photoshop die-hards begin to see just how powerful PI can be. I have a lot to learn still myself, and the workshops definitely opened my eyes to some new functionality.

If you can go, go!

Hi!

Thank you very much for your comments! I really appreciate them, as I put a lot of effort into this meeting. I hope I was able to communicate my understanding about astrophotography in a logical manner. IMHO, a logical construction of the image processing makes PixInsight much better to manage and understand. I also think that coming to a live workshop is, in several aspects, more effective than any other kind of tutorial.

Thanks again,
Vicent.

Vicent was definitely one of the rock-stars at the show this year!

I think that PixInsight is sending "wave"-lets through the community :)

Well I wasn't there but judging from the feedback, enhorabuena for the presentation!

Maybe one day you'll show your face on the west coast? We've got darker skies and better sushi  ;)

I've been to NEAIC only once even though it's only an hour or so away. The problem is they plan it on a spring break weekend which is when I, well, take a spring break vacation with my family. Bummer.

Back