Is anyone there - no response from Pleiades

Generator

I am just wondering if anyone is still monitoring the main Pleiades web site. I have been trying to instal a copy of PixInsight on a new laptop and can't get it working. I have copied over the license files and it still doesn't work. I requested new activation codes. They never came. I did this three more times. No success. I sent a support request message via the web form, no response. I did another message. No response. Today I tried again, no license activation files received, so I have sent another message. I am beginning to wonder if I don't really exist and all of this is in my imagination. Can someone please confirm that I am real.

Hi,

You are not alone out there.... What operating system are you running, Windows 10, Linux, MAC. Did you get an error message while installing?

spaceisnotblack
John

Hi John, I was going to run the installation again to get a precise wording, but I can no longer log in to the software distribution system. The error here is “incorrect user credentials”, yet I use auto password fill etc...
I am using Win10 and my recollection is that when the dialog asking for User Identifier and Activation Code responds with “incorrect activation code” error message.

I see my account has been fixed and I have reset my password and downloaded the software again. My old activation code fails with an incorrect activation code message. I requested new codes, received an email confirming the license reactivation request and I responded to it over an hour ago. However, I have not received any codes yet.

Before installing the latest version, make sure the old/failed version has been removed. I would send another email about your activation code. Perhaps also post your request on the "General Forum" as the "Off Topic" forum does not get looked at too often.

OP - uninstall the old version of PI, reboot computer. Log into the PI portal and request new activation key. Download latest version of PI. Install it. Apply your username and key (in the new activation Email), making sure to use the right activation key depending on the operating system (presumably Windows) that you are using.

As to not receiving activation Emails, that is probably not PixInsight's fault, but youir ISP/mail service provider. If you are using a free online Email solution such as gmail/yahoo mail etc, you are probably going to have issues, since there is no technical support that they provide. If you are using an ISP Email, you can contact your ISP to have them check their mail logs to see if any mail is hitting their mail server from @pixinsight.com. They can do other testing too such as trace routing and telnet etc to emulate connectivity issues. I base this comment on 8 years working as a level 3 tech for a small ISP in charge of the mail servers. RBLs are also worth a look too by your ISP.

Thanks for the great response. I have two domains and maintain my own security profile on the mail server. I removed all security and still couldn’t get messages through. I finally reverted to my gmail account and everything worked well. I am back up and running. Very concerning that I had to use the platform of choice for scams and viruses though.

Back