Iris Nebula from LPLondon

szymon

Here is a photograph of the night skies that I took over the past week. This is the Iris Nebula, NGC7023.

This image was collected from Light Polluted London (Bortle 8), and pulling out the dust was a challenge. I'm not happy with the rendition, but PI crashed on me before I was finished, so I'm posting up where I got to and going to bed. I will probably try again at some point -- criticisms and suggestions for processing would be most welcome!

Exposure:
• Total Exposure 9 hours
• 360 x 90 seconds Lights
• 30 Flats corrected by 30 DarkFlats
• 50 x 90 second Darks

Hardware:
• Altair Hypercam 269C Pro Tec
• Celestron 80ED Telescope
• IKHAROS 0.8x Reducer/Flattener
• DeepSkyDad AF3 AutoFocuser
• SkyWatcher HEQ5 Mount
• Orion Mini Guide Scope
• Altair 183M Guide Camera

Software:
• N.I.N.A. -- Capturing
• PHD2 -- Guiding
• ASTAP -- Plate Solving
• PixInsight -- Processing

Comments and Criticisms welcome, indeed appreciated!

iris_small.jpg

pretty good - i know how hard a DN is in LP conditions.

there are ways to restore an image from the swap area but i think they are complicated by the parallel swap file scheme. i have done it in the days before parallel swap but never since.

your process icon set should also be backed up in the swap area, so you can copy that out and get your process icons back easily, at least.

rob

pretty good - i know how hard a DN is in LP conditions.

there are ways to restore an image from the swap area but i think they are complicated by the parallel swap file scheme. i have done it in the days before parallel swap but never since.

your process icon set should also be backed up in the swap area, so you can copy that out and get your process icons back easily, at least.

rob
Thanks. Yeah, it's really the history that I'm missing -- I just don't remember exactly what I did to the image! I'll have to start again (and get into the habit of saving the project after every change). Thankfully I at least saved the XISF so it's up as far as I got up to!

yeah the history itself i never figured out how to restore - i guess that stuff is just held in memory.

Back