Interactive Local Normalization Selection

danieldh206

Under the the Exclude button in the Interactive Local Normalization Selection window there needs to be in Include button. Sometimes I exclude an image then I change my mind and want to include it, but then I hit the "Select" button and not WBPP starts the local normalization with only one image and not with a stack of the best images. And the cancel button doesn't stop WBPP. I end up having to shutdown WBPP and PixInsight with a the task manager. And for me "Select" doesn't really indicate it will be starting the stacking of the best frames and then start the local normalization process. Maybe change "Select" to "Execute" or keep "Select" but then a popup window to verify a user really wants to "Execute" the process.

Thank you,
Daniel

yeah i agree this could use some refinement. sometimes my subs are so bad that the top PSFweight images are not the set that i want to use for LN, so i wish you could make more arbitrary selections of frames to integrate.

Under the the Exclude button in the Interactive Local Normalization Selection window there needs to be in Include button. Sometimes I exclude an image then I change my mind and want to include it, but then I hit the "Select" button and not WBPP starts the local normalization with only one image and not with a stack of the best images. And the cancel button doesn't stop WBPP. I end up having to shutdown WBPP and PixInsight with a the task manager. And for me "Select" doesn't really indicate it will be starting the stacking of the best frames and then start the local normalization process. Maybe change "Select" to "Execute" or keep "Select" but then a popup window to verify a user really wants to "Execute" the process.

Thank you,
Daniel
Hi @danieldh206,
I see your points. The exclude button is indeed a trigger that excludes/includes frames; if you click it when an excluded frame is deselected, then it gets selected. It could be clearer if I make its label dynamic such that it says "Exclude" when the selected frame is included and "Include" when the selected frame is excluded.

I think that "Select" label is ok, the interactive window is intended to select the LN reference frame, and a confirmation alert adds an extra click to the selection process which imho is not needed, you may miss it the first time, but once you get that by clicking "Select" you proceed with the selected frame (which I guess it's quite intuitive) you won't need that alert anymore.

Furthermore, the tooltip on the "Select" button explains it clearly, the problem is that tooltips are ignored by the majority :)

Back