Inside PixInsight Book Update

Warhen

PixInsight Ambassador
This is SO cool for several reasons!

#1, My book Inside PixInsight, is Springer Nature's #1!

#2, This poster was produced for England's AstroFest.

#3 It was produced because Springer managed to pull-off printing sufficient copies of the second edition for sale there.

#4 Can general US printing be far behind? IOW, hopefully, with a corrected index and other bugaboos now ironed out, I will hopefully have my bulk book order very soon.

#5 Apologies for the Springer delays!

Attachments

• poster small.jpg
    poster small.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 187
Hi Warren

I am of to astrofest soon , I am sure it will be a huge success 

do my best to give everybody the heads up

Harry

Congratulations Warren!

Your hard work is finally paying off. Number One!! That must have been a very pleasant surprise.

Well done.

Steve

I continually get frustrated with Inside PixInsight. I try to find stuff in the index and it's completely screwed. I've pencilled in actual page numbers for many topics over time but frustration levels are so bad that I basically go to other books. I've never seen such a poorly printed index and would not recommend the book.

Greg, early versions from Amazon were not authorized to be printed by Springer and had a screwed up index- not the fault of the author or Springer, the fault of Amazon. If you'll contact me privately, your book will be replaced.

@Warhen is there an updated edition of the book around the corner, including WBPP and other new developments? I'll buy the book anyway, just want to know if it's worth to wait a couple of weeks
Thanks
jens

Jens, I secured a contract from Springer for a 3rd edition, but then thought better of it. As we know, PI is 'a moving target' with regular updates and improvements. It renders the print medium ineffective at keeping up with it. After a year to a year and a half of writing time, the manuscript is already somewhat out of date even before it's published. I chose to put my time into the more updatable medium of workshops and videos via www.mastersofpixinsight.com with fellow ambassador and PTeamer, Ron Brecher. Thanks so much for your interest!

Back