ImageIntegration after SubframeSelector to assign weights

dchamberlain

I was of the belief that you could run SubframeSelector after Star Registration to assign weight values to the subframes and then use those in the following ImageIntegration. But in so doing, the drizzle files created out of Star Registration are not recognized by ImageIntegration. Is there a proper way to do this? I know WBPP does something like this.

Dale

But in so doing, the drizzle files created out of Star Registration are not recognized by ImageIntegration.

what exactly do you mean by this? when you try to load the drizzle files into ImageIntegration, they are dimmed out? or selecting them and adding them does nothing?

rob

what exactly do you mean by this? when you try to load the drizzle files into ImageIntegration, they are dimmed out? or selecting them and adding them does nothing?

rob
Sorry it took me so long to respond.

Here is what is happening:
1. I run StarRegistration on calibrated, debayered light frames which creates both the registered xisf and the drizzle files.
2. I run SubframeSelector against the registered xisf files to assign a weight to them. These get written to a separate folder from the registered frames.
3. I load the xisf files output from #2 into ImageIntegration, and then add the drizzle files. I immediately get an error box "No drizzle files have been assigned to integration source images".

It looks like the only way to do this is to run SubframeSelector on the debayered images before taking them into StarRegistration.

Dale

yes i think because SFS modifies the xisf files, ImageIntegration no longer thinks the xdrz files belong with them. it makes sense since the xisf files are actually different and the weightings you've added wouldn't be reflected in drizzle without regenerating the xdrz files.

rob

Back