Image Integration Problems *Corrupted cache data*

Thomcraft

Hello,

I am new to Pixinsight and have used Image Integration several times without issue but am now getting the following message:

*** Error: FileDataCache::Load(): Corrupted cache data.
*** PCL Win32 System Exception: At address 00007FFB63A213CC with exception code C0000005 :
Access violation: invalid memory read operation at address 0000000000000008

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program with no luck. When I try to access settings in the Image Integration tab I get backtrace information in the process console but cannot access any settings or cache. This is the backtrace message:

*** Backtrace Information ***
================================================================================
0: in module: C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\PixInsight.exe at address: 0x4D62F598
1: _NLG_Return2 in module: C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\VCRUNTIME140_1.dll at address: 0xD1BE1150
2: _NLG_Return2 in module: C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\VCRUNTIME140_1.dll at address: 0xD1BE1150
3: _NLG_Return2 in module: C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\VCRUNTIME140_1.dll at address: 0xD1BE1150
4: _NLG_Return2 in module: C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\VCRUNTIME140_1.dll at address: 0xD1BE1150
5: _CxxFrameHandler4 in module: C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\VCRUNTIME140_1.dll at address: 0xD1BE4040
6: _chkstk in module: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll at address: 0xD84210B0
7: RtlRaiseException in module: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll at address: 0xD83E9E70
8: KiUserExceptionDispatcher in module: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll at address: 0xD841FE10
9: KiUserExceptionDispatcher in module: C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\ImageIntegration-pxm.dll at address: 0xD841FE10

Any help we be greatly appreciated as I have not been able to find any information about this issue other than some post from 2013 for Linux and Mac issues. I am running Windows 10 64bit. Thanks!

Hi Thomas,

I have just released updates to the ImageIntegration and SubframeSelector tools, which (among other improvements) make these tools much more robust to corrupted cache data. This access violation should not happen now. The tools should now be able to continue working normally even after a severe cache corruption. Please let me know if your issues are now fixed.

Wow Juan thanks for the reply and for the fix! Everything works great again! I really appreciate all the hard work you guys do - have a great day!

Hi - I'm having the same problem on Windows 10. I click the Preferences icon in InageIntegration and I get another exception.

I downloaded the lastest and reinstalled - same error.

How can I reset everything - as in remove all files, registry settings, etc to completely reset PixInsight on Windows 10?

I solved the problem by resetting PixInsight. For reference, on Windows, run a command prompt window, change to the \program files\pixinsight\bin folder (use cd command), then type pixinsight --uninstall

A warning box will pop-up reminding you that all settings will be lost. Accept the warning and let it do its thing. Once it complete, start PixInsight and it should work now.

Back