image darker when stationary on workspace

javier_laina

Hi all,

Recently it has appeared an strange effect in my Pixinsight. When an image is stationary (as usual) on the workspace, it is displayed darker than when the image is clicked with the mouse. This behaviour is only related to PixInsight, and I've never seen this effect previously.

When the image is saved (as TIFF or JPG) and openned in another software, it's displayed in its "brigther mode".

A small video showing it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J2KTQvN4JpvhZXAZjr9uCaFjxlwBIFRp/view?usp=sharing

Javier,

It is an option in PixInsight to have windows become transparent when you click on them. The background gray is showing through your image (making it look lighter).
Is this the effect you are talking about?
I believe you can adjust this behavior if you want..but it is standard PI.
-adam

Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Yes, there are some options in PI related to image-bacground transparency (Global Preferences-->Special GUI Effects); at first, I was trying out some of these options, until I realized that the problem seems to be related to ICC Profiles.

I don't know why, but PI Default ICC Profiles changed from standard sRGB IEC61966-2.1 to my monitor's profile (Spyder2 calibrated). Setting standard ICC Profile and things going to normality.

Back