How to roll back WBBP2

Adam,

Thank you for looking at them.
I didn't really know what you meant when you were talking about subtracting the dark from the flat.
That's the default setting for me and I didn't really think about changing it.
Now that I see your picture of the control panel I understand.
Sorry for not understanding what you meant in the first place.
I went back and followed your images and everything turned out great.

Thank you
Jim

Adam,

Thank you for looking at them.
I didn't really know what you meant when you were talking about subtracting the dark from the flat.
That's the default setting for me and I didn't really think about changing it.
Now that I see your picture of the control panel I understand.
Sorry for not understanding what you meant in the first place.
I went back and followed your images and everything turned out great.

Thank you
Jim

This is a very important point about WBPP and many many things in PixInsight. There really are no defaults... not in the sense you can rely on a value, setting or configuration without understanding it. Obviously this is the main thrust of my tutorials. On that note- my "arrogance," as Fred so eloquently put it, compels me to suggest you review my guide to WBPP... Have you seen it?

(in particular parts 3 and 4 on calibration as well as the examples that follow)

Thanks,
Adam

review my guide to WBPP
I have a bad habit of always doing everything my way (usually the wrong way) first before following good advice. I finally got round to viewing all 12 "episodes" of your WBPP2 video guide.
They are excellent.
I could have saved myself hours of trouble if I'd looked at them before trying to work it all out by myself!

I have a bad habit of always doing everything my way (usually the wrong way) first before following good advice. I finally got round to viewing all 12 "episodes" of your WBPP2 video guide.
They are excellent.
I could have saved myself hours of trouble if I'd looked at them before trying to work it all out by myself!

I was a bit miffed by your comment earlier- but this more than makes up for it. I really do appreciate you reviewing the material and I hope you might consider referring it to others when it might be a good shortcut to get on the same page quickly.

-adam

I was a bit miffed by your comment earlier
You quite missed my point: I, as a rank amateur, would not assert that another user was wrong - that would be arrogant. You, however, as a recognised expert, have the experience to justify any correction you might make (and if we are sensible we welcome your advice). I was being (rather untypically) self-effacing, not critical.

Adam, I just finished watching parts 3 & 4 and in the middle of part 5 as I type.
Great videos!!!
Thank you for the advice and the videos.

Jim

Back