How to get your Process Icons File to Load at startup

Well I thought I had as well but making changes to the startup script seems to have had some weird consequences. First off I did not uninstall the older version (1.8.4) which had the startup script load the icons I had saved. Installing  1.8.5 and editing the startup script adding the .open line to load the desktop process icons operated fine. I made some changes and now two sets open even after removing the added .open statement altogether and saving back to the original file name. of which I have to save to another directory and then copy over due to permissions issues even though I have permissions set to allow for me. I really hate some features in Windows 10 but I guess security is paranoid over any changes in the root directory. It's almost like the script editor has a memory of changes made even after removing the edit and resaving. I'm beginning to think I'll have to re-install over this installation to clear the issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

So scratching my head on this has thinned the hair a bit but I think I now understand what was happening. Everytime I edited the startup script I would rename the script to something like startup1 or startupold. It seems that PI will run all scripts saved in the etc/startup folder when the program starts which I think is new behavior from the previous build (1.8.4). Deleting all but the original seems to put me back in the original startup without any process icons loading. Now if I add the line ".open C/Favs.xpsm" without the quotes and the location of the favorites file added it will load those saved icons. You just need to be sure there is only 1 file in the startup folder. Is this expected behaviour?

Steve

Back