How to fix this in my first mosaic

klanes

I collected about 80 hours of SH2-129 and 1/2 way thru I decided that I would make it a 2 panel mosaic to get better framing selecting a broad overlap to get more time on the Bat in the Bat and Squid. I combined the unstretched images and I don't know what to do about the bright stripe in overlap region.

Thanks

Kurt

Attachments

• MergeMosaicH2DBE.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 45
You might have to run GradientMergeMosaic, but I think a better method, is to use the script PhotometricMosaic.

Thanks I'll try that. This result is from GradientMergeMosaic. I suppose I can't use starless images for PhotometricMosaic.

maybe try "Plate Solve" first, then remove the stars, that should not affect the RA and DEC values. PhotometricMosaic uses the RA and DEC values to align images....

I had great success using PhotometricMosaic. (I thought I had posted that here) I decided to add a few more O3 frames to one of the panels now when I try and build the mosaic I am getting this error on all 3 channels:

"The target image bounding box is either inside or equal to the reference image"

I get the same message even if I swap the target and reference image. What did I do wrong?

Thanks
Kurt

Back