How to create a movie with Blink???

jhayes_tucson

Is there a simple way to create a movie with Blink? I messed around with FFmpeg and I can't understand a thing on their site--and I've never been able to make it work. I just want to push a button and get a movie. It shouldn't have to require getting a CS degree to make this work! I REALLY need to make a movie so I'm willing to try one more time. Anyone have simply instructions to make this thing work?

- John

Is there a simple way to create a movie with Blink? I messed around with FFmpeg and I can't understand a thing on their site--and I've never been able to make it work. I just want to push a button and get a movie. It shouldn't have to require getting a CS degree to make this work! I REALLY need to make a movie so I'm willing to try one more time. Anyone have simply instructions to make this thing work?

- John
I'm not really a fan of ffmpeg myself, although I've not had any problem making it work following the numerous examples that exist. But I prefer working with videos in a graphic environment, so I usually use Blink to output a folder full of individual frames, and then use a separate video editing tool to import those and construct a video from them. But if you truly want to do it with one button, setting up ffmpeg and telling Blink to make a movie is the easiest way.

if you're not subscribed to adam's stuff then let us know what exactly isn't working. i can definitely come up with an ffmpeg argument string that will do something. however, since we don't know if the problem is that you can't invoke ffmpeg from blink, or some other problem, we need more info.

if you're not subscribed to adam's stuff then let us know what exactly isn't working. i can definitely come up with an ffmpeg argument string that will do something. however, since we don't know if the problem is that you can't invoke ffmpeg from blink, or some other problem, we need more info.
Yeah...sorry, I have so many videos I would love to reference to answer questions. :)

The -r argument controls the frame rate (and the default of 25 fps isn't usually useful if you are making a quick blink of something. Typically rates of 2 - 10 fps are the range of useful.

So the answer I would give (without any other information) is that the default command line works- and just adjust the frame rate.
If there is another issue... more information would be needed as indicated above.

-adam

Back