HistogramTransformation, Midtone Marker not visible

Farzad_k

Hi.

Even though I am consistent with using this procedure I experience behavior that is random.

I use it to convert from linear to nonlinear. I open an image, launch the process, create a real-time preview, and then using the midtone marker that appears in the histogram window I begin making adjustments to the exposure. I then transfer that to the main image.

In some random cases, I don't even see a midtone marker in the histogram to make any adjustments. I can't figure out why sometimes I do and sometimes I do not. In either of circumstances I can make adjustments by changing the numbers and I can see changes in the preview.

Thanks for any tips.

Farzad

When I first started using PixInsight, I'd sometimes find I'd accidentally zoomed the histogram, or else forgotten to reset the tool or set an image in the view box...that will lose you your midtones marker, or at least offset it way off screen. So check the zoom levels. Other than that, no idea.

When I first started using PixInsight, I'd sometimes find I'd accidentally zoomed the histogram, or else forgotten to reset the tool or set an image in the view box...that will lose you your midtones marker, or at least offset it way off screen. So check the zoom levels. Other than that, no idea.

Thanks, but I have tried all of those to no avail. What I do now is to manually input the midtone to something like 0.005 and the midtone marker shows up and then I go to work.

I found the remedy for this situation. When the mid-tone marker disappears just click on the Zoom button and it will get reset to the right view.

Back