HELP! resize window process!

Emanuele

HI there!

I need some help here! I dont know what happened but the HistogramTransform window process - specifically the bottom of the window - is outside of the working space of PI and I can't resize it!
What do I do?

E.

I tried reinstalling PI but nothing changed. It didn't ask me if I wanted to replace all settings and preferences.
::)

I have no idea how to fix it.

Hi Emanuele,

This is really strange. A (resizable) tool window can be resized from any of its four borders and corners, so if you can see the tool's title bar, then you should have no problems to move and resize it as you want. On the other hand, tool windows automatically reposition themselves to stay within screen boundaries, unless your screen's resolution is very low.

As a last resort, you can perform a total reset of PixInsight settings using the Ctrl backdoor:

- If you have PixInsight running, close it.

- Right-click the PixInsight application icon on Finder.

- Press Ctrl and keep it pressed while you select Open from the context menu.

- Say yes when a dialog asks you if you really want to reset all PixInsight settings.

This will leave your PI installation with all factory-default settings.

AHhh Juan! :) That did it!
Yes, it is strange what happened!

I reset PI as you said, and now I am back up running with no problems!
Thank you!

E.

I guess this is a program bug. I saved a project on a iMacPro, which had a large monitor, and re-open the project from my laptop with a smaller screen, HistogramTransformation and ScreenTransferFunction controls (or whatever you call them) go out of my working space. The way I got around this was: editing the project file and modifying the left/top attributes of these controls in the XML file.

Back