Have I gone color-blind ...

John_Gill

Hi,

With clouds and lockdown, I have been doing some telescope maintenance. I took the filterwheel apart and removed the LRGB and NB filters from ZWO. Cleaned and reassembled everything (hopefully) in the right order. To test the RGB filters I took a few images of some houses across the valley (felt like a peeping Tom). Each mono image looks great, but combining the images with ChannelCombination or LRGBcombination, I notice that red objects now look yellow and yellow has become red and on top of that, some green is now blue .... did I screw something up or is that normal for daylight images.

The camera is a ZWO 1600mm Pro with the 36mm ZWO filters.

space is not black
John

mmmh, then if I select the R,G and B channels in a different order, things should be normal...but that is not happening :(

still puzzled.... Notice the car tail-lights are yellow and just above the roof are two flags, red and yellow, but visually they are yellow and red.....

Attachments

• RGBcombination.jpg
    RGBcombination.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 62
I have no idea what is going on..but I will say that interference filters (if that is what you have) are tricky creatures since they reflect different colors than they transmit. Have you looked *through* the filters in wheel to really make certain everything makes sense?
-adam

i wonder if you took an image thru SII, HA and OIII here? 2 of the channels seem to have similar levels, so i wonder if they are both red (Ha and SII)

As a test, I took some images of Gacrux (yellow star). These were in LRGB for less than 3 seconds at Gain of about 200. I did a STF+HT on each image and then combined with CC and LRGBcombination and Gacrux came out yellow with it's visual binary star (HD 108925 ) came out blue. I did try and mix-up the channels in the LRGBcombination which results in weird and wonderful colors which is to be expected. So, it would seem that my filters are in the correct order.

Perhaps my previous issue (as per the photo) with the Red and Yellow reversed is caused when taking the image during the day.....

Back