Ha \ RGB Combination

Hello all,

After a coupe of weeks reading on forums, watching tutorials and generally trying differing methods with my current knowledge, i'm still struggling to combine my Ha and RGB data together on NGC1499. My RGB has been processed to its desired state, DBE, LF, Combined, BE, PCC, SNCR. STF. My Ha equally has been prepped and is still in its mono state. Ive tried various methods but cannot understand what i'm doing or not. My goto method is using LRGB, and assigning Ha to R but the result isn't good. Ive resorted to extracting both stars and nebula from the images and re combing in basic PM, but to no avail. Im sure there is a method to execute this from seeing other beautifully combined images. If someone would kindly share their method or workflow that would be greatly appreciated.

Note: Im fairly new to Pi, but can find my way around most of it quite well. Though my Pixelmath isn't great

Hello all,

After a coupe of weeks reading on forums, watching tutorials and generally trying differing methods with my current knowledge, i'm still struggling to combine my Ha and RGB data together on NGC1499. My RGB has been processed to its desired state, DBE, LF, Combined, BE, PCC, SNCR. STF. My Ha equally has been prepped and is still in its mono state. Ive tried various methods but cannot understand what i'm doing or not. My goto method is using LRGB, and assigning Ha to R but the result isn't good. Ive resorted to extracting both stars and nebula from the images and re combing in basic PM, but to no avail. Im sure there is a method to execute this from seeing other beautifully combined images. If someone would kindly share their method or workflow that would be greatly appreciated.

Note: Im fairly new to Pi, but can find my way around most of it quite well. Though my Pixelmath isn't great
Try this link, the method shown here is the one I use.

www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorial-pre-processing-calibrating-and-stacking-images-in-pixinsight.html

Here is a tutorial that may be useful for you. Combining Ha with RGB looks like it takes a bit of work, but, the results look beautiful.

Hope this is helpful.

Steve

Back