GradientCorrection Failure

I am starting off with a new Oiii integration, the only process done is DynamicCrop.

From there I created two full-sized Previews and attempted to run GradientCorrection at Simplified Model 1, Structure Protection On. All other settings still at tool default values. I get the following message in the Console Window:

GradientCorrection: Processing preview: o->Preview01

Preprocessing: done

Computing gradient model: 72%

*** Error: Insufficient data to sample gradient, channel 0

<* failed *>

What is happening here?

I am starting off with a new Oiii integration, the only process done is DynamicCrop.

From there I created two full-sized Previews and attempted to run GradientCorrection at Simplified Model 1, Structure Protection On. All other settings still at tool default values. I get the following message in the Console Window:

GradientCorrection: Processing preview: o->Preview01

Preprocessing: done

Computing gradient model: 72%

*** Error: Insufficient data to sample gradient, channel 0

<* failed *>

What is happening here?
I have yet to see GC work with its default settings and Structure Protection on. But it usually works for me (not always with results I like) once I've fine tuned the scale and smoothness settings. Follow through the instructional videos and this seems to be the recommended approach.

I have yet to see GC work with its default settings and Structure Protection on. But it usually works for me (not always with results I like) once I've fine tuned the scale and smoothness settings. Follow through the instructional videos and this seems to be the recommended approach.

I was a bit confused by the three new videos. One starts with determining the correct number of terms for the simplified model, the other begins a with a determination of whether Structure Protection would be beneficial.

If this is a procedural tool, it would be nice to have a consistent procedure elucidated.

This error also seems to occur independent of Structure Protection, I can also get it from a maximum (10.0) scaling factor.

Back