GDR3 and GDR3SP files?

jseniura

I've downloaded the 5 GDR3 files and the first 10 GDR3SP files (from the full set) and configured GAIA to use them. WHen I try to run imagesolver, though, it says I have no GDR3 files selected. I can see them all in my file explorer in Win11 and they are all listed in the GAIA configuration list. What else do I need to do? If I use the online databases, it runs fine. So does SPCC.

The DR3 files and the DR3/SP files have to be separately configured in the GAIA preferences:
1679513505261.png
1679513526329.png

Note the different dropdown selections (red).

Thanks for your help. I've already done this. I was aware of the distinction. All of the files are in separate folders, too, which are located inside a root-level folder on the same drive. They all show up when I bring up the same screens you show here, but I don't have as many of the files downloaded as you do. I can run ImageSolver using the online database. Just not with automatic database or local server.

ImageSolver should run with your local DR3 files if they are configures correctly (it will often do quite well with just the first file loaoded). What error are you getting? Could you post a screenshot?

On this particular target, I stacked using DSS and chose 2x drizzle to see how it worked. I've tried changing the pixel size by 2x or dividing by 2, but neither helped. Usually, I don't use drizzle in DSS. I tried a different target and stacked with DSS without drizzle and was able to get SPCC to work as long as I used the online database. Still can't get it to work using local files. I've set Gaia prefs to use the the files I downloaded from the PI site. I have the first 5 DR3 files and the first 10 DR3SP files from the full set. They are in separate directories on my hard drive and are selected in Gaia using their respective dropdowns. I don't know what else I need to do to get it configured properly.
This used to work without a hitch using the local files. At that time, I only has the first DR3 file and 3 DR3SP files from the small set (I think).

was able to get SPCC to work as long as I used the online database.
I don't think SPCC has ever been able to work with an online database; perhaps you were thinking of PCC.
If you could upload a copy of a problem imager and post a link we could try to reproduce your problem.

No, I was definitely using SPCC. And it did work using the online database. You download the database files to make it run faster from a local drive.

SPCC only offers one catalogue choice - DR3/SP - and I'm fairly sure that the PI-processed version required by SPCC has never been available as an on-line catalogue. That is why there is no catalogue server drop-down in the SPCC UI.

I'm sorry. I was talking about ImageSolver, not SPCC. I got confused by shifting from one topic to another, even though they are related. I got ImageSolver to work using the online database. Actually, I just tried it again and I can't even get that to work.

Back