Game Script Download Disappeared

zbadger

I downloaded to take advantage of the Game script. It successfully downloaded and I used it. When I reopened PI later in the day, it was no longer there under Scripts. So I tired to redownload https://www.skypixels.at/HVB_Repository/ but it states that I have it already downloaded. Yet Game script is not there! And then I thought I would uninstall and I removed it from Resources and then added it back in but when I wnet to download, it said it was already downloaded. So I am stuck at this point with a missing script that I cannot get back.

try Script > Feature Scripts, click Add, make sure the file browser is in the PI scripts directory and click OK. then check to make sure PI didn't add all your scripts back twice (they will each show up twice in the dialog box if this happens). if the scripts are not duplicated, click OK. the GAME script should be back.

rob

I tried that before receiving your kind reply but do not know how to put " the file browser is in the PI scripts directory"

the PI scripts are in /Applications/PixInsight/src/scripts on OSX and C:\Program Files\PixInsight\src\scripts on windows (if i am not mistaken.) you need to use the file browser to navigate to that directory if it is not already selected (it usually is.)

rob

Sorry Rob for having posted 2 minutes ago. Your message from 9:40 this morning never appeared until I made the post just now. Am trying what you recommended.

That did it Rob - thanks! By the way, any wonder why these scripts disappeared from Utilities in the first place? Wondering if it will happen again.

That did it Rob - thanks! By the way, any wonder why these scripts disappeared from Utilities in the first place? Wondering if it will happen again.
this problem seems to happen a lot but juan has not been able to reproduce it...
I am having the same issue, I tried everything that has been posted up above, but to no avail. The most I can get in Scripps it’s a game file but it’s completely empty. Of course, I have tried deleting loading, updating, turning it off, turning it on, computer, Pixinsight, every superpower that I can come up with. Nothing.

I am having the same issue, I tried everything that has been posted up above, but to no avail. The most I can get in Scripps it’s a game file but it’s completely empty. Of course, I have tried deleting loading, updating, turning it off, turning it on, computer, Pixinsight, every superpower that I can come up with. Nothing.
Master Blaster Ron Brecher solved the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling Pixinsight with new version. I had an older version; that may have been the issue…..Problem fixed.

I had this same issue following the most recent Pi update - the game script was no longer available. Downloading it again and adding it to the scripts area and forcing Pi to search for feature scripts restored it.

You can download the script manual from https://www.skypixels.at/pixinsight_scripts.html#game

Cheers
Tom
Thank you. I added that URL to the repository but got an error when checking for updates (below). So I went to Herbert's website and downloaded the GAME script folder, adding the folder to my Pixinsight Scripts folder. No GAME script in utilities when I re-opened PI. Any other suggestions much appreciated.

1710938150953.png

that is not a repository URL, it is a URL for you to put in your web browser and download the script manually.

that is not a repository URL, it is a URL for you to put in your web browser and download the script manually.
I explained in prior post that I did download it and put it in my PI scripts folder. But it still does not show up in PI, even when I look at favored scripts.

You've been almost there. Feature Script -> Add -> point to "C:\Program Files\PixInsight\src\scripts\" -> Select Folder and Pixinsight will scan and tell you the result.

Cheers
Tom

Back