Flats Work But...

Farzad_k

Hi.

I think I am doing the right thing because it looks like calibration of lights with the flats takes out all the artifcats. But in the lower left and left in general, there is a vignetting that seems to be taken out too aggressively. I have reviewed InageCalibration of the Lights and don't see if there is something that I am doing to possibly over-correct the artifacts. In fact if it was over-correcting then there should be negative impacts in other locations as well.

I am going to play with PixelMath a bit, and would appreciate any input into this. The attached file shows bottom right of the integrated light frames and the mater flat file - enlarged at 1:1.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Flats.png
    Flats.png
    382.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Overcorrection generally means the data is not be calibrated quite right. Usually something is being subtracted a little too much during calibration.
However, if the vignetting is severe enough...it could very well be difficult to get right.
-adam

Overcorrection generally means the data is not be calibrated quite right. Usually something is being subtracted a little too much during calibration.
However, if the vignetting is severe enough...it could very well be difficult to get right.
-adam

I have checked my calibration routing and will continue doing it. It isn't just the vignetting, there are artifacts on the right edge of the frame as well. I have looked at the calibration masters, which are just the flat, dark and no bias, and they seem to be in order. Need to do some experimentation.

Thanks for the input.

Farzad

Back