First timer

Louis

I am a late starter to astrophotography as I am now an over '65, retired and looking forward to astronomy. I am starting with a DSLR to learn the basics. I generated Lights, Darks, Bias and Flats. I have a MacBook where the pictures are in Photos Library. Can someone tell me hoew to get them from the Photos App to PixInsight for processing? As you can see, I am not a computer wizard, but I eventually get there. I appreciate any assistance. Thank you.
Louis

i don't think you want to get them out of the photo library, as Photos.app will have debayered and processed the photos. this is a bad thing for astrophotography.

what you want to do is read the CR2 files right off of the memory card or camera and into pixinsight.

rob

I am a late starter to astrophotography as I am now an over '65, retired and looking forward to astronomy. I am starting with a DSLR to learn the basics. I generated Lights, Darks, Bias and Flats. I have a MacBook where the pictures are in Photos Library. Can someone tell me hoew to get them from the Photos App to PixInsight for processing? As you can see, I am not a computer wizard, but I eventually get there. I appreciate any assistance. Thank you.
Louis
Thank you Rob - much appreciated.

Back