Fatal Error :Invalid or empty file name

hebert6615

HELP!!! Programmers / Developers - I was using PI this morning to process a session. Once I was finished, I closed the workspace and then the program. Not even a hour later, I tried to get back into PI and I get an info box that says there is a fatal error. I have tried to repair the installation, uninstall, re-install, uninstall again and re-install into a different drive. NO JOY!! Help...PLEASE!!

Attachments

• PixInsight Fatal Error.jpg
    PixInsight Fatal Error.jpg
    913.1 KB · Views: 56
this seems to happen when the pixinsight preferences file gets messed up. i am not sure where this file lives on windows.

however, you can try holding down the control key on your keyboard while starting PI and this should trigger PI to start fresh with a new preferences file.

rob

this seems to happen when the pixinsight preferences file gets messed up. i am not sure where this file lives on windows.

however, you can try holding down the control key on your keyboard while starting PI and this should trigger PI to start fresh with a new preferences file.

rob
Thanks...I ended up having to do a OS reset on Win10...I'm going through the reinstallation process now.

Back