EZ processing Suite

Hmmmm... I must be missing something. I copied the website to the Resources tab as directed but don't see it in my scripts. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks. Paul

you have to do "check for updates" after adding the repository. the scripts will then be downloaded, and then you have to quit PI to trigger the installation process.

rob

Hello,

I'm having the recurring issue of "losing" the EZ Suite from the script menu. It is listed in the installed packages but it doesn't show in the scripts menu. Any idea on how to solve this annoying issue.

Thanks

Andrea

I'm stumped. I've had the EZ Suite for quite a while. Updated PI recently, checked for updates, installed all available, quit and restarted PI. Can't seem to find the EZ Suite. It is listed in the Installed Updates, but not on the list of scripts. I'm on a Mac - could that make a difference for this update?
Thanks for your help,
Marsha

if the EZ_* files are there in the /Applications/PixInsight/src/scripts directory then you just need to go to Scripts > Feature Scripts and click add, then navigate to /Applications/PixInsight/src/scripts and click OK. PI should find the scripts. if for some reason PI finds all of your scripts again and they are all listed twice in the dialog box, click cancel, otherwise all the scripts will be in the menus twice (which is OK, but kind of annoying.)

if that happens then you can delete updates.xri or edit out the EZ script lines from updates.xri, but make a backup copy of updates.xri first. this needs to be done while PI is not running. after that you need to check for updates again and assuming the EZ script repository is still in your list of repositories, it will be downloaded and added to the scripts menu again.

rob

I've downloaded the latest version of PI along with the various updates. I've used EZ Decon for months without any problems and now I'm running into a head scratcher. When I try to begin the EZ Decon process by creating a star mask with my Lum image, the following error message pops up:

Error: File I/O Error: Invalid or empty file name

I've tried different images and it always comes up with this error message. Like I said, I've never had a problem before with EZ Decon.

Any ideas?

Paul

does EZ decon use StarNet to create masks? you may need to open the StarNet process, click the wrench, and point it at the weights files.

rob

Rob - I believe it does but I installed it months ago and everything's been fine up to this point. I've never had to change any StarNet settings but I'll take a look anyway. Thanks.

Paul

Back