EZ Processing Suite

My bad for it sometimes being down, the PC it's running on does some reboots sometimes or the DNS doesn't want to resolve for whatever reason. Maybe I'll move it one day to my own website at some point.

I'm not dead, the suite is not down, I have not thrown the development away, was just burned out from all the PI JS and wanted to do something else for a while. If someone has actual issues, the scripts are open source and available here schuhmarc / ez-processing-suite — Bitbucket

Anyway, big game changer for EZ Live Stack today and all the more reason to use it during imaging ;)

EZ Live Stack 0.9
- Allow saving of calibrated files
- Allow saving of debayered files
- Minor changes in layout
- BIAS/DARK will be re-used if starting a second stack, not necessary to choose them again
- Fixed Bayerpattern resetting itself
- Fixed live stack hanging if a new file comes in while another stack is running

unknown (Large).jpg

Something for more comfort:

EZ Live Stack 0.11
- Can now run ABE (Function Degree 2) on the live stack
- Allow saving of default calibration options across restarts of EZ Live Stack, which includes calibration files

2021-02-23 22_33_20-EZ Live Stack v0.11 © 2020 S. Dimant [EZ Common Runtime v2.6].jpg

Last edited:
And one more

EZ Live Stack 0.12
- UI rework
- add SCNR Green for CFA
- allow changing SCNR Green for CFA strength
- allow changing downsampling strength
- allow changing ABE function degree
- allow changing wait time after file detection until stacking begins
- refactoring how internal variables are stored and accessed

unknown.png

Hello, I'm not entirely sure how multi filter works. I simulated adding in a folder new files with L and it worked. I then added a Green filter fits, message was "different filter" and the Live RGB Stack was never available. Thanks

I think I understand now. You cannot for example monitor L and Ha fits separately (for example if you rotate filters per frame). However, if doing RGB, you can stack and output RGB.

As far as I can tell using different folders doesn't change anything, only the first one is being monitored.

Ok, what seems to work :
1) Different folders
2) Create Stacking A
3) Create Staking B
4) Allocate in 4 and start RGB stacking
5) Click on start Monitoring for A
6) Click on start monitoring for B

Well you don't need RGB stacking per se, it is technically made to show you a preview of some narrowband palette or if you do R/G/B mono, for a better preview. Doing two separate filters just let two stacks run in parallel.

it seems you cannot launch start watching folder for the second tab if you haven done RGB stacking before launching watch folder for the first tab. I'm not sure why.
Apart from that, I assume separate folders are required - no alternative method via single folder ?
Thanks

I don't know why you need to RGB stack, I test this thoroughly and multiple stacks after each other work without a problem and without having to RGB stack? I can create several stacks at once and/or have one running and create a second one in parallel, this always worked without issues.

Technically single folder should work but it's probably just broken at the moment. I approximately know why but it's not an easy fix.

Ok. I’m on Mac OS, I don’t know if it ,attest. The RGB stacking step doesn't matter. Single folder would be convenient. In any case, thanks fo4 the work on this.

I don't know why you need to RGB stack, I test this thoroughly and multiple stacks after each other work without a problem and without having to RGB stack? I can create several stacks at once and/or have one running and create a second one in parallel, this always worked without issues.

Technically single folder should work but it's probably just broken at the moment. I approximately know why but it's not an easy fix.

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 15.59.15.jpg

I am having this problem with EZDecon from pretty much the start. After generating the starmask the process just freeze and wont continue to the next step (process the star mask). No matter what I did it just hang there. If I create a starmask before with Starnet and choose it from the drop down menu I can continue to manually process the starmask.
I am using MacOSX 10.13.6 (High Sierra) with PI 1.8.8-6 and the latest release of EZ suite. Any suggestion?

that's the problem. starnet was refactored/fixed up by juan for relase in -7 and @darkarchon had to fix EZ suite to interoperate with the new starnet module, which generates star masks in a new view.

unfortunately 10.13.6 is not fully compatible with 1.8.8-7 - the libRAW module doesn't work - but that might be your only way forward unless @darkarchon wants to do compatibility releases for the old starnet module.

rob

that's the problem. starnet was refactored/fixed up by juan for relase in -7 and @darkarchon had to fix EZ suite to interoperate with the new starnet module, which generates star masks in a new view.

unfortunately 10.13.6 is not fully compatible with 1.8.8-7 - the libRAW module doesn't work - but that might be your only way forward unless @darkarchon wants to do compatibility releases for the old starnet module.

rob
Okay. So that is the root of the problem. Thank you. I think I'll switch to my VM running windows.

unless @darkarchon wants to do compatibility releases for the old starnet module.

Honestly I really do not. It's a bit of a pain to figure out what module is currently running and handling this is not very fun. I would forbid installing on versions prior to 1.8.8-7 but the updates.xri file kinda seems to ignore the build. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong, I don't know. It is not very well documented how to set a minimum PI version for the scripts to run on.

Anyhow new release,

EZ Live Stack 0.13 + 0.13HF1 + 0.13HF2 + 0.14
- add Noise Evaluation to stack, will plot a graph to show the noise levels with increasing images per stack (activate it in Misc before starting the stack)
- Fix master flat generation introduced in 0.12
- Fix some minor bugs regarding settings not taking properly
- SettleTime in Misc settings is now global and saved on change
- allow multiple stacks to run off one directory properly (you need to create new stacks per filter and select the appropriate file)
- improve filter determination performance for multiple stacks off one directory
- fix restarting old stack introduced in 0.13 and other minor related bugs

unknown.png

Back