EZ Processing Suite

EZDenoise works like a champ on my Mac running PI 1.8.5 but EZDecon hangs after creating the star mask with starnet++. It does not proceed although I wait for like 5 minutes. If I create a monochrome star mask with starnet and feed it to EZDecon the script runs successfully but the result is very bad. Any suggestion?

try Resources > Updates > Check For Updates

rob
Mabye related to this. I've got the latest PI install and I added the repository location for the EZ Processing Suite and when I check for updates, it tells me there are no updates. the EZ suite has not been added. Several restarts and retries have led nowhere. The PI Installed Updates window shows the EZ suite added on Aug 23rd (I think it must have been a couple days before I installed 1.8.8-6) and it's not there.

Is there some trick that I missed?
James

Last edited:
Mabye related to this. I've got the latest PI install and I added the repository location for the EZ Processing Suite and when I check for updates, it tells me there are no updates. the EZ suite has not been added. Several restarts and retries have led nowhere. The PI Installed Updates window shows the EZ suite added on Aug 23rd (I think it must have been a couple days before I installed 1.8.8-6) and it's not there.

Is there some trick that I missed?
James

Same problem here. EZPS was previously working, but after upgrading to 1.8.8-6, EZ Processing Suite is not listed in the Scripts menu area. It is not listed in the "Featured scripts" menu, and running "regenerate" in the Featured scripts menu did not resolve the problem, not did checking for updates (no updates to install). The Installed Packages log lists EZ Processing Suite as being installed (Install date : 2020-09-13 07:23:42).

Ok, problem solved (I think). I found the EZ script files in the scripts folder. I then created a new folder "EZProcessingSuite" under the scripts folder, and moved the EZ scripts to that folder. Launched PixInsight and the EZ Processing Suite menu item reappeared in the scripts menu list, and each EZ script was listed and launched ok.

I have my doubts that these files will auto-update now though, but at least they're working.

Ok, problem solved (I think). I found the EZ script files in the scripts folder. I then created a new folder "EZProcessingSuite" under the scripts folder, and moved the EZ scripts to that folder. Launched PixInsight and the EZ Processing Suite menu item reappeared in the scripts menu list, and each EZ script was listed and launched ok.

I have my doubts that these files will auto-update now though, but at least they're working.

The above didn't work for me. Moved the EZ scripts to the folder as advised above, but still missing the menu item. :(

try Scripts > Feature Scripts... and click "regenerate" at the bottom of the window that appears. if the EZ scripts appear, make sure they are ticked and then hit "done".

if that doesn't work you should be able to click "add" and then navigate to the folder where the EZ scripts are and hit OK.

rob

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 6.03.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 6.07.50 PM.png

Is this just me? I can't reach the address for the repo.
Thanks in advance.

I just downloaded the EZ Processing suite, and the PSF / Deconvolution works well - but there are many crashes. I am also running it on a 65.5 MP image...

Anyway - aside from that, I've noticed that many users here are raving about the EZ_Denoise script. I do not have this script. Today's repository sync only included the following 5 scripts (6 files):
EZ_Common.js
EZ_Decon.js
EZ_HDR.js
EZ_LiveStack.js
EZ_SoftStretch.js
EZ_StarReduction.js

Is this newbie error on my part?

It's called ristamask_ui.js for historical reasons however it should be present in the scripts menu of Pixinsight regardless.

Not sure where your crashes are coming from, things partially just take long (esp psf generation). I run this myself on data off an asi6200 with 62mp and am not running into crashes. It's just slow due to the javascript engine being single threaded.

It's called ristamask_ui.js for historical reasons however it should be present in the scripts menu of Pixinsight regardless.

Not sure where your crashes are coming from, things partially just take long (esp psf generation). I run this myself on data off an asi6200 with 62mp and am not running into crashes. It's just slow due to the javascript engine being single threaded.
I found it, moved it to custom folder, and was able to add it via Regenerate tool.

Re: Crashes - I wonder if there is a .js runtime I need to update on my machine?

You don't need to move them to a different folder and I discourage doing so. Press add, add the scripts folder itself and regenerate instead.

You need to specify more exactly what crashes you are getting.

I posted this on the discord before I found this site. I'm sorry for the duplication, but maybe it helps others, too. I successfully ran EZ Decon today, but then I couldn't select a view or preview with EZ Denoise open and running. Multiple attempts; multiple quit/reopen/check repositories.
also checked other EZ scripts and find I can't select a view or preview in any of them. The process window says any of them are ready, but I can't get any of them to show a file to load. Running PI 1.8.8-6 x64 on MacOS 10.15.6 I don't see anyone else reporting this as a problem, or anything I should do differently. Advice? uninstall/reinstall? will try that in the morning--off to bed now

Hi, just trying EZ Denoise but all the options are greyed out? Image has been cropped and DBE carried out. Also performed the EZ Decon first.

EZ_Denoise.jpg

Back