EZ Processing Suite

After updating to the new version of pix, I can't use various ez functions, like star reduction, even starnet, do you know why this is due?
IMG_1907.jpg
IMG_1908.jpg

you need to configure the new starnet module first. open the module, click the wrench, and point it at the weights files.

however, even after fixing that, EZ Decon it won't work because the behavior of the starnet module has changed. @darkarchon needs to update the script to take into account the new behavior.

rob

you need to configure the new starnet module first. open the module, click the wrench, and point it at the weights files.

however, even after fixing that, EZ Decon it won't work because the behavior of the starnet module has changed. @darkarchon needs to update the script to take into account the new behavior.

rob
thank you very much problem solved

Hi darkarchon, I installed your suite and tried EZ Live stack for the first time today. Great tool. thanks for your work.

But I'm getting this error message - not sure if its okay or not, maybe it can be just ignored? see screenshot - https://prnt.sc/u7mzmg
I'm running latest version of PI (1.8.8-6).

Below error message itself:

PixelMath: Processing view: IC5070_Ha_600sec__0010_1x1_sop_east__20C_qhy695a
Writing swap files...
1406.215 MiB/s
*** Error: mean() takes either a single image reference argument or a set of two or more arguments:
(((IC5070_Ha_600sec__0010_1x1_sop_east__20C_qhy695a-_ez_temp_bias)-(_ez_temp_dark*1))/1)*mean(1)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
Reading swap files...
1759.258 MiB/s
<* failed *>

update
it seems it happens because I do not select master flat?

Hi darkarchon, I installed your suite and tried EZ Live stack for the first time today. Great tool. thanks for your work.

But I'm getting this error message - not sure if its okay or not, maybe it can be just ignored? see screenshot - https://prnt.sc/u7mzmg
I'm running latest version of PI (1.8.8-6).

Below error message itself:

PixelMath: Processing view: IC5070_Ha_600sec__0010_1x1_sop_east__20C_qhy695a
Writing swap files...
1406.215 MiB/s
*** Error: mean() takes either a single image reference argument or a set of two or more arguments:
(((IC5070_Ha_600sec__0010_1x1_sop_east__20C_qhy695a-_ez_temp_bias)-(_ez_temp_dark*1))/1)*mean(1)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
Reading swap files...
1759.258 MiB/s
<* failed *>

update
it seems it happens because I do not select master flat?

See the comments above, you need to configure starnet first.

actually this might be a different problem. there were changes made to the PixelMath engine in -6 so it is possible this is another component of EZ that needs to be updated for -6. it does look like it could be related to a lack of a flat based on the expression that has shown an error.

rob

in the CN thread on EZ processing @darkarchon says that all the scripts have all been updated to work with -6. i'd think if you just do a "check for updates" you'll be able to get the new versions of the scripts and everything should work.

rob

Fixed LiveStack to work when no flats are selected.

PS: why is mean(m) gone and requires always mean(n,m…)? Such undocumented / not-communicated changes are really annoying.

Hello darkarchon,

I found after clicking a script in the EZ Processing Suite, running AnnotateImage in PixInsight returns the following error.

The problem is gone with a restart of PixInsight, without clicking any of the script.

I reported the issue to PixInsight, but they mention the script is not part of the official release.

Could you take a look?

Thank you.

Error message when running AnnotateImage after clicking one of the script in the suite:
==============================================
Rendering annotation

** Warning [162]: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/AdP/AnnotateImage.js, line 1141: reference to undefined property (intermediate value)[(intermediate value)].pos

*** Error: TypeError: (intermediate value)[(intermediate value)].pos is undefined

Hey,

yeah I've seen this issue too but I don't know where it originates from. It looks like AnnotateImage uses the cache of the EZ script stuff but I don't know exactly what might be causing it at the moment. You can run "run --reset" in the process console and it should be fixed afterwards.

I've been getting the same issue, thanks for the reset tip. Always works fine if I restart PixInsight

Same issue here. I have also noticed that after using one of the EZ script I have errors using the Hartmut Bornemann's scripts (Game or Maskgen for examples).

MaskGen give the following error :

*** Error [022]: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/MaskGen.js, line 240: TypeError: a.toInt is not a function

Game give the following:

*** Error [022]: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/GAME.js, line 774: TypeError: data.ellipsoids.draw is not a function

In both cases, running the "run --reset" command solves the problem (thanks, by the way, for this solution)

Again, run --reset in process console should fix that. I'll get onto renaming my variables and functions to unique ones so it doesn't interfere with other scripts some time.

Hi darkarchon,

at some moment I've lost ability to select view. Same problem with other EZ scripts as well. I've tried with run --reset to no avail.

1600773636377.png

Hi,
tried EzDenoise with success, it's already my worflow to denoise linear pictures, so I like it (y):)

It seems there's a strange behaviour : after a first successfull try and having slide the script from Process Explorer Tab to my workshop, when I re-use it for a second picture, the effect is very strong, especially MMT part.
It's OK if I open the script from the bar of the menu for the next pictures.

Last edited:
Sorry, beginner here. I've added the URL to Resources/updates/manage repositories. What do you do next to access the scripts?

Back