EZ Processing Suite

i've linked your post to the cloudynights thread for EZ suite since it seems like darkarchon does not read this forum.

he has apparently already pushed a change that deletes printPropertiesDebug but probably not removeItem.

thanks

rob

I've enjoyed the EZ suite for a while but there are a few things that have been annoying. The most annoying is after loading any of the EZ scripts I can no longer run the MaskGen script. Sometimes this is helpful to build a star map and layer into a star mask for EZ Decon.

But I have figured it out! There are 2 functions added to interfaces that MaskGen blows up on. And there's a simple 2 line fix. In EZ_Common.js add the following near the end. I put them just before the call to onExit();

// clear added functions which breaks some scripts like MaskGen
delete Array.prototype.removeItem;
delete Object.prototype.printPropertiesDebug;

This removes 2 functions that were added, one to Array, one to Object. Each time a script is run it'll add it again so no worries. Best of both worlds.

One other thing I wanted was to have the view automatically populated with the active view. Again in the main function in EZ_Common.js after creating the "dialog" object, add the following:

dialog.mainViewSelector.currentView = ImageWindow.activeWindow.currentView;
dialog.mainViewSelector.onViewSelected(ImageWindow.activeWindow.currentView);

Thanks for the great work!
Naveen

The auto populate is great. Also for further pimping of EZ_Common.js I suggest revising showWarning as follows

var showWarning = false;

Rod

The auto populate is great. Also for further pimping of EZ_Common.js I suggest revising showWarning as follows

var showWarning = false;

Rod

Yea, I have done that locally but didn't think that would be something to upstream. That plus auto-populating the view really streamlines use of scripts. One thing I want to mess with is getting EZ Decon at least to load star mask, background, and PSF if they have already been generated. For those cases when I forgot to create a preview or wanted to mess around with the star mask outside of the script.

Is there a problem with EZ Soft Stretch in the Windows version of PI 1.8.8-9? I can select a preview for the Soft Stretch script to work on, but it hangs up completely without showing any preview window. If I close the script I can in the Process console window see:

*** Error [222]: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/EZ_Common.js, line 1751: TypeError: preview.scaledImage is undefined

Thanks for any help!

i think darkarchon has a discord for the ez-suite here: https://discord.gg/zw8vwZF

this is the best way to reach him for problem reports. he apparently doesn't read this forum and sparsely participates in the thread he made on cloudy nights. but he sometimes appears there.

rob

Hi

Regarding EZ Live Stack. I'm acquiring a set of HDR data. In other words, I have two sets of data, both with the L filter but with different exposure. Is there a way to "filter" the FITS by filename (as the exposure is written there) or by FITS keywork (eg. exposure)?

Or is there another way to use Live Stack in this scenario?

I have upgraded Pix on 1.8.8-11 and now I dont see EZ scipts in Pix, but I have it configured in repositories. Is there any change in new Pix version, which would block EZ suite?

Weird, I dont see it now, see attached pictures...

Attachments

• pix2.png
    pix2.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 95
  • pix1.png
    pix1.png
    379.6 KB · Views: 93
I have the same problem.
The initial updates after installation do not list anything in the EZ repo.

EZupdate.jpg

This probably happens because the repository at https://darkarchon.internet-box.ch:8443/ is not advertising updates for the new 1.8.8-11 version. For example, this is a fragment of the updates.xri file of our official update repository for version 1.8.8-10:

XML:
   <platform os="all" arch="noarch" version="1.8.8-10:1.8.8-10">
      <package fileName="20211118-script.zip"
               sha1="a509dedcd10f627577497b7ec8b6b56ca60d8d17"
               type="script"
               releaseDate="20211118">
         <remove> <!-- ### WARNING ### DO NOT PROPAGATE ### -->
            src/scripts/JohnMurphy
         </remove>
         <title>
            PhotometricMosaic version 3.4.1 / NormalizeScaleGradient version 1.4.4 (update/bugfix)
         </title>
         <description>
            <p>
               This update installs new versions of the PhotometricMosaic and NormalizeScaleGradient scripts, written by John Murphy. This is a cumulative update/bugfix release for PixInsight 1.8.8-10:
            </p>
            <p>
               <b>PhotometricMosaic</b>
            </p>
            <ul>
               <li>
                  Color image star detection is now three times faster.
               </li>
               <li>
                  Option to replace reference image instead of creating new image. This helps preserve the process history.
               </li>
               <li>
                  Removed Trim warning messages if using the 'Replace Region' option.
               </li>
               <li>
                  Replace Region is now mask aware.
               </li>
            </ul>
            <p>
               <b>NormalizeScaleGradient</b>
            </p>
            <ul>
               <li>
                  Enable process history and add target file count.
               </li>
            </ul>
            <p>
               Copyright &copy; 2003-2021 Pleiades Astrophoto.
            </p>
         </description>
      </package>
   </platform>

As you see this fragment is saying that there is a script update for version 1.8.8-10 of PixInsight. For example, to target version 1.8.8-11 exclusively, the platform XML element should be:

<platform os="all" arch="noarch" version="1.8.8-11:1.8.8-11">

To target a range of versions from 1.8.8-8 to 1.8.8-11:

<platform os="all" arch="noarch" version="1.8.8-8:1.8.8-11">

An incorrect version range is the only reason I can figure out for these scripts not being available for the new 1.8.8-11 version.

Just asking... maybe someone else asked... if so sorry... Would it be possible to have EZ Processing suite compatible with StarXterminator?

Hi all,

Some strange problem occured to me today ; after I used soft stretch many times with no problem, I cannot run it (even after reinstalling EZSuite, Pix, update of registery, etc.) :

1641807993720.png

Does anyone has an idea ?

Thanks ! :)

CS,
JB

These scripts no longer seem to be available -worked fine yesterday but when I fired up PI today, the scripts are gone and no updates are available. I'm running PI 1.8.8-12,

Any help is appreciated.

Chuck.

Script > Feature Scripts, click Add, click Open on the file dialog. inspect the Feature Scripts dialog to make sure the existing scripts were not doubled up (listed twice each.) if not, click OK and EZScripts should be back in the menus.

rob

Script > Feature Scripts, click Add, click Open on the file dialog. inspect the Feature Scripts dialog to make sure the existing scripts were not doubled up (listed twice each.) if not, click OK and EZScripts should be back in the menus.

rob
Thank you pfile - I located the scripts in the src directory and have added them back to the script list. Not sure why they disappeared from the featured list.

Big thanks to darkarchon for the EZ Processing Suite. With StarNet no longer available for download and StartNet2 here, what are the chances of EZ Processing Suite supporting StarNet2 PI integration in the near future? Thanks so much!

Back