EZ Processing Suite

Weirdly, second time around - not working, even after a clean restart of pix. Even with one filter only, it seems to get stuck at Initialising File watcher and then Determining stacks. Even if you wait a few minutes and add a file, you get a message in purple "detected a new file but another stack is currently integrating, aborting" which is odd is there is only one file in the stack.

OK. It works perfectly if I use a new folder to monitor one or more filters. If I test on an existing folder where I tried once, it doesn't work (no error message but nothing happens and you cannot add a new stack once you started monitoring one stack). Not an issue because in practice, you would likely do this on a new folder for the night. It is still strange.

I haven't managed to get any stacks to work. Just pauses for at "Determining stacks for new files+filters indefinitely.
Using a new folder has. no impact. If I move files out of into the folder I get "detected a new file but another stack is currently integrating, aborting for every file in the folder new or not.

Nothing useful int the process console
Code:
Histogram transformation: done
║   ║   ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║   ║   ║    Generating Histogram Image                                ║
║   ║   ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
║   ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
║   ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║   ║    Determining stacks for new files + filter                     ║
║   ║    File watcher stopped monitoring                               ║
║   ║    /Volumes/Samsung_T5/Rosette_NBZ/Light/SII                     ║
║   ║    Engine powering down. Thank you for using EZ Live Stack.      ║
║   ║    To stay up to date with the EZ Processing Suite, feature      ║
║   ║    requests and issue reports join the Discord:                  ║
║   ║    https://discord.gg/zw8vwZF                                    ║

Okay so, using a folder in a completely different location on the file tree works. so a subfolder or another folder in the same enclosing folder has the same problem.

Can you tell me the file names you're using and also send over a file or two? I can't really test it on mac so idk what kind of problems might arise with those systems.

I am having similar issues with live stacking since I updated the script. I have bth MAC and Window computers and live stack will only take the first file and calibrate it but then to states initializing and Determining stacks fir new files and filter and freezes and does not add additional calibrated files to the stack This started after the new update to the script as I was using live stack in past and no issues at all

Sorry to hear that but I need more info, I cannot determine the problem without the exact replicable problem.
What were the file names, what is the original file extension, were calibration frames used, what settings were used throughout, what was the file path, do those files include filters, does the script throw an error once you close it?
All of this would be easier to debug directly through my discord since I reply in real time and send new versions of the script for debugging purposes.

Ez suite is a very cool stuff. Just SCNR not working properly. It accept mark, but then drop it after half of a second.
Also it would be perfect to have minor histogram tweaking possibility for live view.

I love the new NoiseEval option in EZ LiveStack!!! Just wanted to provide some feedback that after a meridian flip, the noise 'degrades' when in fact it really isn't.

1615086797091.png

Love the EZ Suite - I would never be able to get Decon working, and Denoise gets better results than anything manual I've tried. Thanks, will certainly be buying you a beer!

Can I make a suggestion for a new script? EZ Background Removal. I would use a star mask and a starless image (nebula) to identify true background regions, put DBE points there, do the removal, and then auto-run background neutralization. That would be a godsend, as many of us have spent too many waking hours squinting at DBE samples :p

Again, run --reset in process console should fix that. I'll get onto renaming my variables and functions to unique ones so it doesn't interfere with other scripts some time.
The issue was gone in the last release of PixInsight, but comes again in v1.8.8-8

Hello,

in Version 1.8.8.8 EZ Scripts are missing. The adress is copied to the repository, but there is no update. Is there a differnt repository link for 1.8.8.8?

Hei Guru Darkarchon,

Thank so much for developing this great toll!!!

I am having problems with the EZ_Decon script. after I click on Create the mask I got an error (see the attached files), If I do nothing it stays forever until I close the windows' script then I got a final error on line 398, at the beginning I thought it was a problem with StatNet, so I checked and looks every thing is fine with StarNet. I check the line 398 (the one that creates the error) seems like the swap file is not created, I check the folder for the swap files and I saw a swap file but the name seems like is not the one expected by the scipt, I mean I think the script is waiting for a file called "_ez_lightness_temp.swp" but in the folder I found a file called *_ez_temp_masterL.swp" (actually my file name starts with masterL) I am not sure if this is the real problem or is something else. Could you please give me some help?

I am using PI 1-8-8-8

Best Regards

Eduardo
EZ_Decon_1.PNG
EZ_Decon_2.PNG
EZ_Decon_3.PNG

Back