EZ processing issue

Hello
I downloaded EZ processing and Starnet vs 2. when i go to Decon, Select my RGB and then hit create new processed star map I keep getting a failure. can someone explain whtt Im doing wrong?

1647314489026.png
1647314489026.png

No...but a little more background. I originally saw that I had Starnet (Wasnt sure how to find out what version) so installed just the EZProc. I got the results as above. So thought I should just upgrade to version 2 (probably a bad idea now that i think of it). According to a video I watched it said to put the files of version 2 in the pixinsight application in the "Bin" folder. It kept saying I needed approval for 2 of the files but then finally installed and it just put them in there. On the third file it just added it. So I guess I made matters worse? what I dont understand is why it didnt work the first time? Any suggestions?

It's not the first time that EZ Decon has messed up from what I've found.

I haven't used EZ Decon much but when I did it was either a hit or miss, and I sometimes got similar errors. I don't use it anymore as I manually create the required masks etc (which I find is much better for my case), but this is the first time I have heard that people can use StarNet v2 with EZ Decon.

From memory, DarkArchon created the EZ Processing Suite based around using StarNet++, so what I am thinking is that StarNet v2 uses a new weights file, unlike the original StarNet++ weights files that it came with.

I would try repairing the PixInsight installation by "removing" the program, but instead of uninstalling it, just click the repair icon when prompted. Hopefully this way PixInsight can find the weights files that StarNet++ needs for it to work properly.

I tried this method for my other script files that weren't working with PixInsight 1.8.9 and they work fine now. When I did the repair, PixInsight found my repositories that I had installed previously, and as with my scripts, the repositories work fine now.

Hope this helps!

Zak

Oh silly me, forgot to include that in the previous reply XD.

If on Windows, go to Start, type in "add or remove programs", then navigate down to PixInsight, click "uninstall", then press "yes" if prompted by Windows, then the PixInsight install/remove window should pop up.

Click the "repair" button and it will go through and repair the installation. Once that's done, just reopen PixInsight and go to the repositories, manage repositories and check for updates.

Hopefully this fixes the EZ Processing Suite errors!

Zak

well didnt work.. THe repair process did its thing but didnt solve issue. At this point not sure what to do other than not use EZ processing LOL
Bummer, that's a pain...

The EZ Processing Suite is an amazing script, but it's a shame that lately there are a lot of problems that people are having with it.

Not sure what else to suggest at the moment as I am outside of home until this evening, but I am here on the forums during breaks between my work, as I want to help the community get around these issues.

Will investigate more into this when I have time.

Zak

Just did some research on CloudyNights, and it seems this problem is common now.

I found one suggestion from pfile on the forum and he said to do the following:

"Script > Feature Scripts > Add, navigate to PI script folder, click OK, check that PI hasn't doubled up all the scripts in the dialog. if not, click OK."

If this doesn't work then I will continue to look into it.

Zak

Oh silly me, forgot to include that in the previous reply XD.

If on Windows, go to Start, type in "add or remove programs", then navigate down to PixInsight, click "uninstall", then press "yes" if prompted by Windows, then the PixInsight install/remove window should pop up.

Click the "repair" button and it will go through and repair the installation. Once that's done, just reopen PixInsight and go to the repositories, manage repositories and check for updates.

Hopefully this fixes the EZ Processing Suite errors!

Zak
Where's the repair button? When I try this procedure the only option I get is to uninstall pixinsight entirely. ??????

EZ decon uses the original starnet process. Can you try running the original starnet process on your image, and see if it generates the same error? If it does, double check you have the correct weight files assigned to the process.

Since EZ Suite is not signed, if you have StartNet2 installed you can modify the JavaScript to use StarNet2 process instead quite easily. Hopefully the author will make an enhancement to either let you pick among StarNet1/2 or StarNet 1/2/StarXTerminator.

Back